Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Postby bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 pm

what are your personal IMA milestones?

linked from my intro post: http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84&start=585&sid=1c45ec6144230b3fe286f455a522a79b&sid=1c45ec6144230b3fe286f455a522a79b#p439547

my personal milestones:
- my cranial-sacral postural connection is increasing everyday. I would say it is at expert level now. I can balance it relative to the relation of middle and lower dantian. head feels weightless when i center and root meself. Ding Tou Xuan achieved.

- upper dantian is now open. I now understand how severely disconnected my upper dantian was. It is no wonder that the pain in my neck is what forced me to finally take notice of my own body. I still need to work on relation at clavicular level.

-My middle dantian is now open. and by open i mean am aware of it as to be able to relate it to the rest of my body in terms of connectedness. this continues to be my most challenging dantian to understand. I think I have many injuries relating to this area.

-My lower dantian awareness level is very high. physically the lower pelvic floor is not optimized. I have not reached a expert level of awareness of this area due to up stream blockages or "being lost in a path in my inner realm" Qi Tie Bai not mastered. umbilicus is sticking but more awareness and control desired.

- becoming aware of total body related-ness and body "folding" with every move (i relate this to orbit aware-ness)

-i catch myself reverse breathing as my natural breath! very excited about this.

- i can "stack" my abs as support for my neck/head and balance it with my back. I have a very aware microcosmic orbit. breath starts at lower dantian and tailbone is "engaged" and i can feel it push my stacked spine up. the force gets distributed up the back and go both up the back and in forward through the diaphragm. up top, the force rounds the head (upper dantian) and then down the front where it completes itself down the abs to the lower dantian. i feel the sensation of "iron suit"

-understanding of the eastern mind and philosophy. kung fu as it relates to how buddhism is passed gives clarity on language and methodologies. I may be a good bridge for some western thinkers.

-my body awareness is good enough that i may be able to describe some hard to translate experiences.

-I can perform Blood Washing by using my lungs not only for air storage but blood storage. and by controlling and coordinating my body chambers i can direct the flow of blood in my body (i sound crazy right?!?!?!!?!?!?!) a major benefit of reverse breathing is learning breath control as a way to unlock and control body chambers.

-from what i've been reading I think i'm on the path of the "10 month growth of sacred fetus" development where I am rebuilding the connections of my
"600 muscles, 200 bones, 8 extraordinary vessels and 14 collateral vessels" by the same order of a developing fetus (the natural way). it's a method of internal rebirth it seems.

FLAME SUIT ON 8-)
Last edited by bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Re: Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Postby choldstare on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm

So what exactly is the skill you're working towards here?
Also do you do any partner work to test these connections and their effectiveness?
choldstare
Santi

Postby Finny on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:56 pm

bruised wrote:
-understanding of the eastern mind and philosophy. kung fu as it relates to how buddhism is passed gives clarity on language and methodologies. I may be a good bridge for some western thinkers.

-my body awareness is good enough that i may be able to describe some hard to translate experiences.

-I can perform Blood Washing by using my lungs not only for air storage but blood storage. and by controlling and coordinating my body chambers i can direct the flow of blood in my body (i sound crazy right?!?!?!!?!?!?!) a major benefit of reverse breathing is learning breath control as a way to unlock and control body chambers.

Yes, you do sound crazy. You cannot use your lungs for "blood storage", or direct the flow of blood in your body.

And there is no such thing as the 'Eastern mind' - I say this as someone who has lived my entire life in the 'East', and studied Asian Studies at one of the best universities. This is simple orientalism. EW Said wrote the book on it half a century ago. Read it.

Perhaps spend less time congratulating yourself on these 'achievements', which exist exclusively in your own mind, and find a teacher who can actually teach you something worth achieving.
Last edited by Finny on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Finny wrote:
bruised wrote:

Yes, you do sound crazy. You cannot use your lungs for "blood storage", or direct the flow of blood in your body.

And there is no such thing as the 'Eastern mind' - I say this as someone who has lived my entire life in the 'East', and studied Asian Studies at one of the best universities. This is simple orientalism. EW Said wrote the book on it half a century ago. Read it.

Perhaps spend less time congratulating yourself on these 'achievements', which exist exclusively in your own mind, and find a teacher who can actually teach you something worth achieving.

even though you sound like you've already convinced yourself, why do you think lungs cannot be used for blood control? (control is probably a better word than storage)
there is a lot of blood in your lungs. right now a certain volume of blood passes through your lungs. you can actually control this volume. lungs do not just control air volume, but blood volume too. so i disagree with you.

try this: breath and play with lungs until you are aware of the space between rib cage and the inside of your lungs where it contacts air. feel it as separate and underneath your pec muscles. there is a mass to this tissue that can be made aware off without too much practice. this is your lung tissue. with coordination of the thoracic and rib muscles with the lower abdomen you can control how engorged your lung tissue is with blood. take the deepest breath possible, close your throat and seal the air. set into a rooted position, do all movements slowly. do not do if you have health issues. if you keep the throat closed your whole thorax volume would be a fairly closed and consistent pressure system. now drop your diaphragm and constrict all 4 walls of abdominal cavity. and while doing that: slowly extend all your limbs out, focus especially on collarbone and shoulders blades off the thorax.
if done properly the volume of the thorax would increase. it does increase, and the pressure differential caused by this coordination engorges your lung and all other thorax tissues. now assuming you remained relaxed throughout that process, flex all of your limbs but one and then bear down your thorax. more blood will go to the limb was more relaxed. this is simple blood washing.

maybe i'm using the wrong words but when i say eastern mind, i mean the foundation of understanding of of the world. to be more specific and not use east vs west, i think what i'm talking about is a person who looks at the world and as an attempt to better understand, will divide and separate into smaller parts. this person i would contrast with one that makes sense of the world by sees everything as fundamentally parts of one whole. the first person in the example would have a harder time interpreting the classical texts than the 2nd person because the classical texts are written from the perspective of person number 2. who is EW? i will look for the book.

I don't mean to self congratulate. please see my post above and intro post as well.
i think these stages or milestones helps our development. i don't mean to "brag" but with my lurking something i don't see much of in this forum is personal examples. I mention these milestones because I am willing to film myself and be critiqued and have discussions about what I think I'm doing. I'm also reaching out to others who have experience the same things i have for discussion.

for example. lets test my blood washing. I can think of a experiment:
measure blood pressures on both arms at the same time. make sure to also consider arm muscles contractions. the goal would be to change the blood pressure of the arms without muscle flexion. i think i can do this. does more blood pressure= more blood volume in this case?

why do you say these things are not worth achieving? it is pretty rude.
Last edited by bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 pm

choldstare wrote:So what exactly is the skill you're working towards here?
Also do you do any partner work to test these connections and their effectiveness?

the skill i'm working on is body control and awareness, not limited to my own body. most directly I've had some experience in the healing aspects of internal kung fu: bone setting, dit ta, and i eventually want to study trad chinese medicine and acupuncture. these are all based on Daoist concepts, some of which I have personal experience in. I see myself in the ideal future as a Daoist sage growing old in a cave.

I have youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvXFW4 ... QZ3WCgEzbw

i've had less experience in actual fighting or even sparing. I would say that for most people kung fu is for fighting but it is my opinion with respect to the history of kung fu is that is is not meant only for fighting and i would argue that the primary function of kung fu is NOT for fighting, but body awareness to be in line with the natural world.

about 5 years ago i was a member at the ivan salaverry MMA school for 8 months. and before that a local BJJ school for only 3 months. I trained biweekly, and it was fun but i was no monster in the ring or on the matt.

no real partners, I'm searching for a local sifu in the Seattle area, If i wasn't in the middle of a home move, i would have attended Dan Harden's seminar here last month. If you read my intro post, it should give you a good idea of my journey thus far.

as far as effectiveness, i assume you mean for fighting? either way, do you know of a test for dantain effectiveness? if you do, please share and i will try it and film it for RSF.

for me the confirmation of "effective-ness" is my internal experience, which we all understand is difficult to relay to another person. that's why i mention the relatedness to buddhism and the necessity for its esoteric ways. when there are no exact word to describe a feeling, a metaphor might be able to do it, and even then it might not be effective. that's why i think kung fu training can be so strenuous, the repetition hopefully gets the practitioner to a AH-HA eureka type moment in self discovery.

but within traditional kung fu literature there is talk about stages in kung fu development. my horrible paraphrasing is as follows:
stages of kung fu development:
zhe shu: know movements by heart
song kai: can efficiently store "power" and release
dong jin: comprehend yin yang balance in orbits in body
yu dong jin: from dong jin, break through into shen ming
shen ming: achieve glimpses of physical enlightenment, movements are done in total awareness with no thought needed with understanding of total body relatedness.

I can imagine how vague these descriptions sound but as someone that has achieved shen ming, looking back, it is clear what stages i was in.
Last edited by bruised on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby windwalker on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:59 pm

I see myself in the ideal future as a Daoist sage growing old in a cave.

Who feels a need to post on the internet.
Reading your practices what would you say that you can do that is out of the ordinary.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby choldstare on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:17 pm

bruised wrote:

the skill i'm working on is body control and awareness, not limited to my own body. most directly I've had some experience in the healing aspects of internal kung fu: bone setting, dit ta, and i eventually want to study trad chinese medicine and acupuncture. these are all based on Daoist concepts, some of which I have personal experience in. I see myself in the ideal future as a Daoist sage growing old in a cave.

i've had less experience in actual fighting or even sparing. I would say that for most people kung fu is for fighting but it is my opinion with respect to the history of kung fu is that is is not meant only for fighting and i would argue that the primary function of kung fu is NOT for fighting, but body awareness to be in line with the natural world.

about 5 years ago i was a member at the ivan salaverry MMA school for 8 months. and before that a local BJJ school for only 3 months. I trained biweekly, and it was fun but i was no monster in the ring or on the matt.

no real partners, I'm searching for a local sifu in the Seattle area, If i wasn't in the middle of a home move, i would have attended Dan Harden's seminar here last month. If you read my intro post, it should give you a good idea of my journey thus far.

as far as effectiveness, i assume you mean for fighting? either way, do you know of a test for dantain effectiveness? if you do, please share and i will try it and film it for RSF.

for me the confirmation of "effective-ness" is my internal experience, which we all understand is difficult to relay to another person. that's why i mention the relatedness to buddhism and the necessity for its esoteric ways. when there are no exact word to describe a feeling, a metaphor might be able to do it, and even then it might not be effective. that's why i think kung fu training can be so strenuous, the repetition hopefully gets the practitioner to a AH-HA eureka type moment in self discovery.

but within traditional kung fu literature there is talk about stages in kung fu development. my horrible paraphrasing is as follows:
shen ming: achieve glimpses of physical enlightenment, movements are done in total awareness with no thought needed with understanding of total body relatedness.

I can imagine how vague these descriptions sound but as someone that has achieved shen ming, looking back, it is clear what stages i was in.

Cool, well I respect that you put yourself out there and talking to people about your experiences but it's very easy to fool yourself about your own progression when it's not tested with other people. You say you have high level body awareness and connection if it is so then in a martial setting against people trying to prove you wrong your mental frame of mind and superior body connection and awareness would shine. It's a great way to test your skills imo. I train at a bjj place in Seattle and I really enjoy it as I get to see first hand if my internals are actually useful or just me thinking I'm some sort of chi whisperer.

I think if you have a highly effective dantien a great test for it is martial arts. People who I have felt who had a developed dan tien could move me effortlessly. It's not just feeling your dantien and connecting to it in patterned movements and meditation it's being able to use it spontaneously in a martial setting against someone trying to hurt you. To me that's the ultimate test. Again I don't have a developed "dantien" and perhaps not the best person to comment on this but that's my two cents.

Maybe I'll see you at Dans next seminar in August. Also it's nice you have videos but it's really hard to really tell if someone has anything just watching them do solo movements. Feeling and testing is the best method imo
choldstare
Santi

Postby Finny on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 pm

bruised wrote:even though you sound like you've already convinced yourself, why do you think lungs cannot be used for blood control? (control is probably a better word than storage)
there is a lot of blood in your lungs. right now a certain volume of blood passes through your lungs. you can actually control this volume. lungs do not just control air volume, but blood volume too. so i disagree with you.

I didn't say lungs can't be used for blood 'control' - I said you cannot use your lungs for 'blood storage'.

bruised wrote:try this: breath and play with lungs until you are aware of the space between rib cage and the inside of your lungs where it contacts air. feel it as separate and underneath your pec muscles. there is a mass to this tissue that can be made aware off without too much practice. this is your lung tissue.

No, it's not. This is a thought in your head.

bruised wrote:with coordination of the thoracic and rib muscles with the lower abdomen you can control how engorged your lung tissue is with blood. take the deepest breath possible, close your throat and seal the air. set into a rooted position, do all movements slowly. do not do if you have health issues. if you keep the throat closed your whole thorax volume would be a fairly closed and consistent pressure system. now drop your diaphragm and constrict all 4 walls of abdominal cavity. and while doing that: slowly extend all your limbs out, focus especially on collarbone and shoulders blades off the thorax.
if done properly the volume of the thorax would increase. it does increase, and the pressure differential caused by this coordination engorges your lung and all other thorax tissues. now assuming you remained relaxed throughout that process, flex all of your limbs but one and then bear down your thorax. more blood will go to the limb was more relaxed. this is simple blood washing.

For someone who says you studied pre-med, your understanding of human biology is.. odd. Suffice to say that I disagree.

bruised wrote:maybe i'm using the wrong words but when i say eastern mind, i mean the foundation of understanding of of the world. to be more specific and not use east vs west, i think what i'm talking about is a person who looks at the world and as an attempt to better understand, will divide and separate into smaller parts. this person i would contrast with one that makes sense of the world by sees everything as fundamentally parts of one whole. the first person in the example would have a harder time interpreting the classical texts than the 2nd person because the classical texts are written from the perspective of person number 2. who is EW? i will look for the book.

I don't know what you mean. One person divides the world into smaller parts (of a whole). The other sees everything as fundamentally (smaller) parts of one whole. I suppose you think there is a difference there somewhere, but I don't see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Said

bruised wrote:I don't mean to self congratulate. please see my post above and intro post as well.
i think these stages or milestones helps our development. i don't mean to "brag" but with my lurking something i don't see much of in this forum is personal examples. I mention these milestones because I am willing to film myself and be critiqued and have discussions about what I think I'm doing. I'm also reaching out to others who have experience the same things i have for discussion.

measure blood pressures on both arms at the same time. make sure to also consider arm muscles contractions. the goal would be to change the blood pressure of the arms without muscle flexion. i think i can do this. does more blood pressure= more blood volume in this case?

I have read your posts. You actually seem VERY keen to self congratulate. Again, the 'milestones' you refer to are figments of your imagination. And again, as someone who says you studied pre-med and "all the natural sciences" I would think you would understand the ridiculous nature of the 'experiment' you propose.

Perhaps it is rude of me - if so I apologise. I try to not be rude. I actually didn't say 'these things are not worth achieving', I said perhaps you should find a teacher who can show you something worth achieving. The reasons I said that I have outlined above - the things you describe are strange, do not conform with what we know of the way our bodies and the world works, and are sensations/feelings you are ascribing bizarre causes to. See above - you believe that in doing some breathing exercises, you are 'storing blood' in your lungs and 'directing the flow of blood'. No, you aren't. No one has told you that you are. You have no reasonable basis for believing that. Yet here you are claiming that. No problem, we are each of us free to believe whatever we want, and we are here to discuss. I think what you write is wacky, and am happy to explain why. If you disagree and don't want to discuss, that's fine.

I've seen your videos also, and would reiterate my point - you need a teacher before you can learn.. and you need to learn before you teach.
Last edited by Finny on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:25 am

My personal goal for 'life', is to lead a relaxed and stressless yet slightly adventurous life. And i must say that the exercise of East asian MA have so far to quite a degree been helpful in this pursuit, in the sense it helps me to focus my otherwise day dreaming mind. Once i asked my yiquan teacher here in China about Dantian and Chi, he basically told me in a slightly irritated tone i should not bother about such thinking, i followed his advice and everything is just fine.
Trick
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:43 am

windwalker wrote:

Reading your practices what would you say that you can do that is out of the ordinary.

i'm still learning and no where near that point. it's a romanticized view :)

Hello ww, i very much enjoy your posts.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 am

choldstare wrote:
bruised wrote:

Cool, well I respect that you put yourself out there and talking to people about your experiences but it's very easy to fool yourself about your own progression when it's not tested with other people. You say you have high level body awareness and connection if it is so then in a martial setting against people trying to prove you wrong your mental frame of mind and superior body connection and awareness would shine. It's a great way to test your skills imo. I train at a bjj place in Seattle and I really enjoy it as I get to see first hand if my internals are actually useful or just me thinking I'm some sort of chi whisperer.

I think if you have a highly effective dantien a great test for it is martial arts. People who I have felt who had a developed dan tien could move me effortlessly. It's not just feeling your dantien and connecting to it in patterned movements and meditation it's being able to use it spontaneously in a martial setting against someone trying to hurt you. To me that's the ultimate test. Again I don't have a developed "dantien" and perhaps not the best person to comment on this but that's my two cents.

Maybe I'll see you at Dans next seminar in August. Also it's nice you have videos but it's really hard to really tell if someone has anything just watching them do solo movements. Feeling and testing is the best method imo

I look forward to the day i will be able to spare more. i'm def one who is on the side that kung fu is more for self awareness and that fighting is a very logical way to use that awareness. I dont practice kung fu to kick as.... yet. I'm learning the ways of my body. you all may be catching me in the middle of the learning curve. my mind is plastic, and i have no worries about being wrong and being corrected. i put it out there as an honest expression and mean not to boast. i don't really understand why people seem almost... offended just because i'm sharing an experience. i'm up front about how little formal training i have, but i think the insight could help others.

to august!
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Finny on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 am

bruised wrote:
you all may be catching me in the middle of the learning curve. my mind is plastic, and i have no worries about being wrong and being corrected. i put it out there as an honest expression and mean not to boast. i don't really understand why people seem almost... offended just because i'm sharing an experience. i'm up front about how little formal training i have, but i think the insight could help others.

to august!

If you are referring to me - I hope you understand I'm not offended, or even slightly concerned with you sharing an experience.

I'm simply pointing out that what you are sharing is (apparently) completely fashioned from your imagination.

When you say "I'm up front about how little formal training I have" do you actually mean "I'm up front about how I've had no training" - you have apparently less than a year of BJJ/MMA training.. and are here offering an "insight that could help others" regarding "kung fu".. posting strange claims and offering 'insight' which bears no resemblance to anything close to reality.

I don't really understand why you would think that folks with actual experience would have any interest in these bizarre ramblings.. but I wish you all the best with them. I really hope you find a teacher.. and take the time to learn from them before offering your own 'insight'
Finny
Great Old One

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 am

Finny wrote:
bruised wrote:even though you sound like you've already convinced yourself, why do you think lungs cannot be used for blood control? (control is probably a better word than storage)

I didn't say lungs can't be used for blood 'control' - I said you cannot use your lungs for 'blood storage'.

my own mistake, thanks for catching.

bruised wrote:try this: breath and play with lungs until you are aware of the space between rib cage and the inside of your lungs where it contacts air. feel it as separate and underneath your pec muscles. there is a mass to this tissue that can be made aware off without too much practice. this is your lung tissue.

No, it's not. This is a thought in your head.

true, that has high correlation of control with some sort of body part

bruised wrote:with coordination of the thoracic and rib muscles with the lower abdomen you can control how engorged your lung tissue is with blood. take the deepest breath possible, close your throat and seal the air. set into a rooted position, do all movements slowly. do not do if you have health issues. if you keep the throat closed your whole thorax volume would be a fairly closed and consistent pressure system. now drop your diaphragm and constrict all 4 walls of abdominal cavity. and while doing that: slowly extend all your limbs out, focus especially on collarbone and shoulders blades off the thorax.

For someone who says you studied pre-med, your understanding of human biology is.. odd. Suffice to say that I disagree.

ok

bruised wrote:maybe i'm using the wrong words but when i say eastern mind, i mean the foundation of understanding of of the world. to be more specific and not use east vs west, i think what i'm talking about is a person who looks at the world and as an attempt to better understand, will divide and separate into smaller parts. this person i would contrast with one that makes sense of the world by sees everything as fundamentally parts of one whole. the first person in the example would have a harder time interpreting the classical texts than the 2nd person because the classical texts are written from the perspective of person number 2. who is EW? i will look for the book.

I don't know what you mean. One person divides the world into smaller parts (of a whole). The other sees everything as fundamentally (smaller) parts of one whole. I suppose you think there is a difference there somewhere, but I don't see it.

maybe direction of focus? inward vs outward?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Said

just read the wiki but sounds like bull shit, but what do i know.... off topic

bruised wrote:I don't mean to self congratulate. please see my post above and intro post as well.

I have read your posts. You actually seem VERY keen to self congratulate. Again, the 'milestones' you refer to are figments of your imagination. And again, as someone who says you studied pre-med and "all the natural sciences" I would think you would understand the ridiculous nature of the 'experiment' you propose.

please explain why so ridiculous

Perhaps it is rude of me - if so I apologise. I try to not be rude. I actually didn't say 'these things are not worth achieving', I said perhaps you should find a teacher who can show you something worth achieving. The reasons I said that I have outlined above - the things you describe are strange, do not conform with what we know of the way our bodies and the world works, and are sensations/feelings you are ascribing bizarre causes to. See above - you believe that in doing some breathing exercises, you are 'storing blood' in your lungs and 'directing the flow of blood'. No, you aren't. No one has told you that you are. You have no reasonable basis for believing that. Yet here you are claiming that. No problem, we are each of us free to believe whatever we want, and we are here to discuss. I think what you write is wacky, and am happy to explain why. If you disagree and don't want to discuss, that's fine.

I've seen your videos also, and would reiterate my point - you need a teacher before you can learn.. and you need to learn before you teach.

I'm not teaching but sharing. not sure the distinction here, i maybe could be more sensitive to the difference. i'm ok with being strange and wrong. you seem to speak for a collective "WE". do you speak for all of RSF or MA or what? i have a reasonable basis that i have described. i don't' talk about discussing, i am discussing right now. explain why now, don't say you are happy to, do it.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby windwalker on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:08 am

bruised wrote:
windwalker wrote:

i'm still learning and no where near that point. it's a romanticized view :)

Hello ww, i very much enjoy your posts.

now you've done it. :o
by admitting to such you've just destroyed and cred
you might have had... ;)

http://www.ichikung.com/html/dantians.php

this talks about dantians btw...rather in depth...
If one looks at the structure shown in the pic, a case could be made of why this is
so with out talking about qi or anything else just using physics alone....
just mention this in passing,,,good luck with the thread
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:10 am

Trick wrote:My personal goal for 'life', is to lead a relaxed and stressless yet slightly adventurous life. And i must say that the exercise of East asian MA have so far to quite a degree been helpful in this pursuit, in the sense it helps me to focus my otherwise day dreaming mind. Once i asked my yiquan teacher here in China about Dantian and Chi, he basically told me in a slightly irritated tone i should not bother about such thinking, i followed his advice and everything is just fine.

I maybe on the same path and soon learn why i should not bother about such things. but it sure is fun! I think i've always been a bit of a trouble maker. cheers to my demise, or until i learn better.
Last edited by bruised on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan