Bagua Kung Fu Master: An Interview With Robert Jay Arnold

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Bagua Kung Fu Master: An Interview With Robert Jay Arnold

Postby Simon on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:51 am

Hello everyone.

I did an interview with a Robert Jay Fox a Master of Bagua.

Hope you enjoy it.

Simon http://www.dawnoftruth.com/bagua-kung-f ... ay-arnold/
Simon
Wuji

Re: Bagua Kung Fu Master: An Interview With Robert Jay Arnold

Postby Yeung on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:32 am

I like his answer to these questions:

DOT: How relevant is the study of the I-Ching in understanding your Bagua tradition? Is it something you have gone into? Is their a more Esoteric side requiring mental development and maturity?

Robert Jay Arnold: I have seen the Yi-Ching and I’ve also studied why it was introduced into Bagua. The Yi-Ching is basically an understanding of how energy works in all aspects of life, just as Bagua. Think about it as a filing cabinet that can help you organize information. Bagua fits nicely into this cabinet because Bagua itself is an organizer of movements. Yet I could use the concepts of Bagua or Yi-Ching to organize the movements of boxing. I could put my straight movements under the heaven section, hooks under the water section, uppercuts under the wind section etc. The various sections helps with deeper visualization so that the movement can be better recorded and reviewed. Young or old, everyone can benefit from Bagua, but the mature mind can get so much more.
Yeung
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan