這就是中國, This is China says Xu Xiaodong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: 這就是中國, This is China says Xu Xiaodong

Postby windwalker on Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

johnwang wrote:
windwalker wrote:top CMA guys that are less public?

Who are those "top CMA guys that are less public" that you have talked about many times here?

The better question would have been by what measure.

They'er less public understanding what being very good at what they do means.
If one is in position to know about them, then one also understands why
they are not public....
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm

windwalker wrote:
johnwang wrote:

Who are those "top CMA guys that are less public" that you have talked about many times here?

they are not public....

-lol-

ah... man!!!

tell me windy, do you sound all authoritative and wise in that movie that keeps playing in your head?

"the better question would have been..."
??? wtf??? ;D

do people like ask you stuff and...

"hey windy, is it raining outside? "

"the better quastion would have been by what measure."....

"ahhhhhh Shifu, indeed... please forgive my unworthiness?"

The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Thu May 25, 2017 12:14 am

windwalker wrote:
johnwang wrote:

they are not public....

Simple question desire simple answer. Can you just use plain English?
Last edited by johnwang on Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm still allergy to "push".
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Tom on Thu May 25, 2017 3:37 pm

http://www.theworldofchinese.com/2017/05/mma-fighter-backs-down/

MMA Fighter Backs Down

Outspoken TCMA critic has a sudden change of heart
05·25·2017 Ethan Yun

Is anyone still following the whole mixed martial arts (MMA) versus traditional Chinese martial arts (TCMA) debacle?

We wish we weren’t either.

Unfortunately, in a controversy like this it was only a matter of time before either party involved decides to come ot and raise the bar of sheer absurdity. This time, however, the news had less confrontation and more groveling.

The Economist reported that Xu Xiaodong, the MMA fighter who started this whole movement off by brutalizing a taichi practioner and then celebrating like a Harry Styles fangirl, has been seen in a video that’s missing much of his usual pep and vigor.

“I have lost my career and everything,” Xu said in the broadcast. In addition, his Weibo account was deleted early this month, along with a selection of reports on his original fight last month.

In an interview with the BBC, Xu said that he would refrain from speaking out as much from now on and become a student of traditional Chinese martial arts.

This is a complete reversal of his previous stance.

Only a month ago, Xu was spouting off against the “fakers” that he sees in the TCMA community. He challenged any and all practioners to prove themselves, even offering to fight two or three opponents at the same time.

So why the 180-degree turn?

It not entirely impossible that Xu simply realized that what he utilized in combat has foundations in TCMA, had a change of heart, and decided to become a student in order to further his advancement in MMA.

But that probably wasn’t it.

The smart money would be on the fact that TCMA is an intergral part of China’s soft power push and is one of President Xi’s favorite sports. Given how the Belt and Road Forum (BARF) was just recently held, maybe Xu felt that it was not a good move to belittle and undermine one of China’s key international relations priorities.

But even though Xu has now stepped out of the ring, it does not necessary mean an end to the conflict in martial arts, as evidenced by the latest boxing/taichi fight.

As they say, styles make fights. And despite the public outcry, we think that when it comes to different martial art styles in fights, the more the merrier.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

---Vernon Law
Tom
Administrator

Postby MaartenSFS on Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm

This could actually be good news. He may seek out some of the best and incorporate it into MMA. That is what TCMA are sorely lacking; gifted young people to keep passing them on (as combat arts, not as fucking dances) to new generations.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 25, 2017 4:33 pm

johnwang wrote:Simple question desire simple answer. Can you just use plain English?

The simple answer is that any of the top guys in any CMA style should be able to
address questions that any one might have about a style in question.
IME they are less public known only to those who seek them out or practice CMA within
their given style.

for example: who is the top guy in Shuai jiao. do you know, I dont, maybe others also
do not...
Last edited by windwalker on Thu May 25, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu May 25, 2017 4:56 pm

“I have lost my career and everything,” Xu said in the broadcast. In addition, his Weibo account was deleted early this month, along with a selection of reports on his original fight last month. In an interview with the BBC, Xu said that he would refrain from speaking out as much from now on and become a student of traditional Chinese martial arts.

Something that I would have thought most would expect to happen.
He's Chinese living in China, seems like he forgot where he was at and who he was.

Not mentioned is that he's put a big target on his back, only this time it won't be public
the law will have little incentive to protect him.

By not speaking out as much, and becoming " a student of traditional Chinese martial arts" ;)
hes started a healing process.

Hopefully nothing happens to him, unfortunately if it does no one will know.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu May 25, 2017 6:08 pm

A little surprised at Master Wong’s comments. Since, he promotes Tai Chi combat in his courses.

@ :50, ”Tai Chi is not designed for combat in this present day. It is designed for health.”

Published on May 22, 2017
MMA vs Tai Chi 10 Second KNOCK OUT!!!
Master Wong talks about how shit the tai chi master is getting knocked out in 10 seconds master Wong interview with Chinese media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMueuNRUdQA

IMO, I don’t care for demos where opponent is not giving some realistic resistance.

Published on Feb 15, 2015
Top 10 Tai Chi fight moves in real combat - awesome tai chi chuan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iw4xFD-47Q
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu May 25, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby bartekb on Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 am

In an interview with the BBC, Xu said that he would refrain from speaking out as much from now on and become a student of traditional Chinese martial arts.

he got brutally bullied into quieting down.
Its sad, TCMA gained nothing - if anything its a great loss, of course you can bully people into not admitting the Emperor is naked, but this wont change the truth.
TCMA will - and dare I say at this point - rightly so be ridiculed by anyone having hands on experience for beeing merely a health dance.
Instead of improvise, adapt, overcome we got bully, shut up, forget.
We will still see Chens putting fake exhibition matches, taichi guys who never sparred syaing how deadly they are, chi blasts an so on.
I doubt anyone from MMA community will risk such a move again - this is a big opportunity lost for TCMA to be treated seriously and as a partner for legit martial arts.
I think at this point is fairly obvious what the future will bring, hard to loose face if you had none in the first place.

Dont be fooled into thinking this guy can or will try to learn anything from TCMA, he probably will be bullied some more into some fake exhibitions and statements - but he actually does know everything he wanted to about TCMA deadliness - first hand.
Last edited by bartekb on Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Fri May 26, 2017 10:08 am

windwalker wrote:The simple answer is that any of the top guys in any CMA style should be able to
IME they are less public known only to those who seek them out or practice CMA within
their given style.

for example: who is the top guy in Shuai jiao. do you know, I dont, maybe others also
do not...

I don't understand your logic here.

If you have

- tested your CMA skill against 100 people, those 100 people will know you and you are not "less public".
- not tested your CMA skill against 100 people, you are "less public" for sure, but you cannot be "top CMA guys ".

During

- my teacher's time, everybody wanted to defeat my teacher, "花蝴蝶 the fancy butterfly". My teacher was not "less public".
- my time, my Judo friends told me that if I want to test my wrestling skill, I should challenge "小林无敌 The undefeated Lin (David C. K. Lin)". David's SC skill was so high level that even the Judo community all know him. David C. K. Lin is not "less public".

In other words, "top CMA guys" and "less public" contradict to each other. If you are

- "top CMA guy", you should not be "less public".
- "less public", you cannot be "top CMA guy".

Unless you become a "top CMA guy" without proper testing your skill against people from other MA systems.
Last edited by johnwang on Fri May 26, 2017 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

johnwang wrote:
windwalker wrote:The simple answer is that any of the top guys in any CMA style should be able to
their given style.

do not...

I don't understand your logic here.

If you have

- tested your CMA skill against 100 people, those 100 people will know you and you are not "less public".
- not tested your CMA skill against 100 people, you are "less public" for sure, but you cannot be "top CMA guys ".

During

- my teacher's time, everybody wanted to defeat my teacher, "花蝴蝶 the fancy butterfly". My teacher was not "less public".
- my time, my Judo friends told me that if I want to test my wrestling skill, I should challenge "小林无敌 The undefeated Lin (David C. K. Lin)". David's SC skill was so high level that even the Judo community all know him. David C. K. Lin is not "less public".

In other words, "top CMA guys" and "less public" contradict to each other. If you are

- "top CMA guy", you should not be "less public".
- "less public", you cannot be "top CMA guy".

Unless you become a "top CMA guy" without proper testing your skill against people from other MA systems.

If you want to only hear your self talk, be my guest.
we have different views and experiences.
you seem to keep looking for answer for things you don't accept.

I only used that style, you listed your teacher but not the current person.
who he is, don't really care nor know of him or her....maybe you do and some others do which was my point.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Fri May 26, 2017 1:39 pm

windwalker wrote:I only used that style, you listed your teacher but not the current person.
who he is, don't really care nor know of him or her....maybe you do and some others do which was my point.

So you still have not answered my question:

How can you be

- "less public" if you have tested your MA skill against many people?
- a "top CMA guy" if you have never tested your MA skill against many people?
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm

bartekb wrote:

he got brutally bullied into quieting down.
Its sad, TCMA gained nothing - if anything its a great loss, of course you can bully people into not admitting the Emperor is naked, but this wont change the truth.
TCMA will - and dare I say at this point - rightly so be ridiculed by anyone having hands on experience for beeing merely a health dance.
Instead of improvise, adapt, overcome we got bully, shut up, forget.
We will still see Chens putting fake exhibition matches, taichi guys who never sparred syaing how deadly they are, chi blasts an so on.
I doubt anyone from MMA community will risk such a move again - this is a big opportunity lost for TCMA to be treated seriously and as a partner for legit martial arts.
I think at this point is fairly obvious what the future will bring, hard to loose face if you had none in the first place.

Dont be fooled into thinking this guy can or will try to learn anything from TCMA, he probably will be bullied some more into some fake exhibitions and statements - but he actually does know everything he wanted to about TCMA deadliness - first hand.

I agree he has most likely been silenced
It is a pity nothing has been proven
He fought a guy who by my assessment of his form is low level
The guy tripped on rubber mats he had most likely never been on before and got pounded
No rematch,I think the result would have been the same but we don't know
Now that people know Xu has his hands tied all the Heroes want to fight him
It is still a matter with no clear conclusion
Just because people have not been noted in competition means little
I know many who have been tested in real life
The service station incident in Brasil shows that
A lot of street fighters I know would never have made the mistakes these two did
And I am sure both these guys would have sorted out most of the judo cohort who knew David Chin knew
It comes down to the point there is no Marltial Arts or street fighting world champ and never will be
It is a bit like the World Series baseball or gridiron that only contains Americans
Or AFL that is only played by Australians
Not proven and never will be
If what you are training works you know
If you do it maters little what others think
It only counts when it is needed and hopefully it won't and you will have good times training and good health
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Fri May 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Reeducation

The world is a dangerous place.

People already know how to 'fight' and they do it all the time with no 'training' at all. Lots of people successfully defend themselves, and others, ever day without knowing a lick of 'martial arts'.

Do what you like and don't worry about what other people are doing, would be the lesson here, I guess.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby bartekb on Fri May 26, 2017 3:30 pm

It is still a matter with no clear conclusion

the conclusion couldnt have been any clearer

on separate note - if you honestly think the guy tripped it might be a good idea for him to practice walking wihout tripping first before he starts challenging people.

Do what you like and don't worry about what other people are doing, would be the lesson here, I guess.

also maybe another lesson would be - dont run your mouth on how effective you and your style are if theres virtually nothing that proves it
(and plese note that those folk tales dont really cont that much)
Last edited by bartekb on Fri May 26, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartekb
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan