Taiji push hands -> entering strategy -> free sparring

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Taiji push hands -> entering strategy -> free sparring

Postby windwalker on Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm

johnwang wrote:
windwalker wrote:Learning how to use a hammer and what you do with a hammer it's not the same thing.

If you don't intend to "do with your hammer" then why do you even want to "learn how to use it"?

It seems to me that people may have 3 different reasons to train Taiji:

1. fighting,
2. application,
3. health.

IMO

- 1 will include 2 and 3.
- 2 will include 3 but not 1.
- 3 will not include 1 and 2.

Why are you so concerned about what others do?
If your methods are valid, they should stand on their own merits
not on what others do or don't do.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun May 28, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun May 28, 2017 4:37 pm

windwalker wrote:Why are you so concerned about what others do?
If your methods are valid, they should stand on there own merits
not what others do or don't do.

If we all use the logic as, "I can't care less about what you do", there won't be any "online discussion" and the RSF should be shut down.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:39 pm

johnwang wrote:If we all use the logic as, "I can't care less about what you do", there won't be any "online discussion" and the RSF should be shut down.

A company demonstrates and promotes a certain style gun on TV against another type of gun showing you can defend yourself with it, but fixes the results. Unaware, many people buy and learn how to use this style gun to defend themselves.

A promoter of another style gun doesn’t believe the company gun works as advertised and wants the public to know. He sends a message to the company, challenging them to demonstrate their style gun will work against him. The company sends a practitioner with the style gun to prove it works. The promoter streams the demonstration on the internet. The company’s style gun fails. The practitioner gets a bloody nose within 10 seconds.

The story goes viral through social media, the internet and TV around the world. The company that teaches how to use the style gun loses face and large potential profits.

The company then says they will arrange another demonstration. However, this time they want to bring a different style gun. The promoter refuses. He says he doesn’t mind the company using and teaching that style gun to defend themselves. However, it’s not the same style gun that was originally advertised.

The highly profitable, politically well-connected company starts a smear campaign (fake news) against the promoter, gets a new law passed that these types of challenges are illegal, shuts down the promoter’s business internet website, sends multiple hitmen to challenge him, and has authorities threaten lengthy jail time.

Then under duress, the promoter is coerced into publicly apologizing (crying profusely) and tells the world he is going to learn how to use the company style gun for self-defense, although silently he knows it doesn’t work as advertised. The public continues to buy and learn how to use the company style gun. The company continues to profit and keep their reputation, due to their quick action. :( :)
Last edited by marvin8 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun May 28, 2017 7:00 pm

marvin8 wrote:A promoter of another style gun doesn’t believe the company gun works as advertised and wants the public to know.

We are talking about whether a TCMA system should be evolved to meet the modern challenge or not. Without evolution, the window won't exist and we may still use DOS today. Just look at my patent "right mouse click bring up a pup up menu". It has added so much convenient to the window user. It further proves that sometime new is better than old.
Last edited by johnwang on Sun May 28, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun May 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Sadly, what is known as TCMA is dying a slow death and no one seems to be concerned with reality of any kind. Acquistion of form is all that is needed along with a few trophies appears to be the new modus operandi of TCMA. And all is good ;D

The main problem is that when people test it, they will be shocked at how quick they fall as if they were doing something right in the first place. Jus' saying! I remember some of my old teachers who just kept to themselves and I could not understand it but I have been seeing the light but staying in the dark (the background)!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Sun May 28, 2017 9:22 pm

yeniseri wrote:Sadly, what is known as TCMA is dying a slow death and no one seems to be concerned with reality of any kind.

When I tested my TCMA skill against Karate guys and TKD guys, my long fist teacher was not very happy about me. He though I was only interested in fighting and didn't care about Wude. He didn't know that I was trying to help the long fist system to build up reputation in US.

Back then, Karate guys and TKD guys looked down on TCMA guys big time. They thought TCMA guys only had pretty forms but could not fight. Many years later, TCMA's reputation is still in trouble.
Last edited by johnwang on Sun May 28, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan