Sexual energy storing

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Sexual energy storing

Postby Taoist on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am

Good day,

I have been using various internal martial arts methods for several years now but an important question is yet unanswered to me: how do I store effectively unused sexual energy without getting depressive or hyperaggressive? And is it possible to abstain from sexual release for a longer period (more than one week, which is now my maximum period without release) without damaging the sexual organs? Serious question, serious answers (and only on topic- no comments like: Why do you want this? This is useless etc.) are much appreciated. Thank you indeed!
Taoist
Santi

Re: Sexual energy storing

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:31 am

A: You don't get to decide how people respond to you, so don't go throwing around commands to people if you want a response.

B: Any sort of complex internal exercise is best done under the supervision of a qualified teacher who will most likely be able to answer these questions if that's what they're teaching you.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Firstly let us know what your training is to this day
Otherwise it will be dangerous to answer
I agree with Shawnee you should be under a teacher who can answer this
If not you most likely don't have right method
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby northern_mantis on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Depends, if you're training with a partner you'll want a condom. If you're training alone a tissue or maybe an old sock.

Sorry, I know you wanted serious responses but some things just have to come out!
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby Bao on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Taoist wrote:Good day,
I have been using various internal martial arts methods for several years now but an important question is yet unanswered to me: how do I store effectively unused sexual energy without getting depressive or hyperaggressive? And is it possible to abstain from sexual release for a longer period (more than one week, which is now my maximum period without release) without damaging the sexual organs? Serious question, serious answers (and only on topic- no comments like: Why do you want this? This is useless etc.) are much appreciated. Thank you indeed!

I asked a Chinese professor in Daoism and chinese religion about these things already about twenty years ago. He said that there is absolutely nothing in traditional taoist practice or theory, as neidan etc, that prohibits sexual activity and that there is nowhere in old texts that mention anything about to abstain from sexual release or activity. He said that neither sperm production or sexual realease had anything to do with the process of refining jing or transforming it to Chi and that according to neidan theory sexual activity might even be good for qi development and that this whole thing is probably a mistake coming from Buddhist influence, and that it might even have been away from Buddhists to impose their ideas on Daoism and chinese culture. So even from a traditional Chinese view or Daoism, there is absolutely no need follow these silly myths and superstitious ideas about keeping away from sexual activity.
Last edited by Bao on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Aqui on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:34 pm

You have to transform your Jing (sexual essence) to Qi to Shen, this way you can use your unused sexual energy.
But this process is quite difficult, Damo Mitchell teaches this kind of Alchemy, but he only teaches his complete system, not bits and pieces (which is what you seem to want).
Try Santi Dobles and Tao Semko, they teach some eclectic internal stuff and are willing (and irresponsible enough) to teach you bits and pieces...

Best,

Aqui
Aqui
Anjing

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Trick

Postby Subitai on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

The Tao of Sexology: The Book of Infinite Wisdom

https://www.amazon.com/Tao-Sexology-Boo ... 0942196031

There you go dude...
Subitai
Huajing

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 pm

I thought that name sounded familiar. Damo's Fajin (Fajing is an incorrect spelling and/or an incorrect character) video is some of the worst I've seen. I wouldn't trust him to teach martial arts, but this I don't know..

My master told me this; don't fuck too much. Several times per week is enough. He told me that expending your Jing reduces your lifespan. Many animals, especially invertebrates, die almost immediately after having sex. Dying on the saddle isn't the worst way to go out, though.. ;D
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby phil b on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:02 am

This has been asked already, but where did you learn this stuff. If it is affecting your mood as you describe, you are doing something very wrong. If you cannot abstain for more than a week, you are doing something very wrong. I have learned some of this stuff from proper teachers, and what you are describing should not be happening. My advice would be to stop completely, and find a proper instructor if you want to learn this.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 am

phil b wrote:

I have been using various internal martial arts methods for several years now but an important question is yet unanswered to me: how do I store effectively unused sexual energy without getting depressive or hyperaggressive[sic]? And is it possible to abstain from sexual release for a longer period (more than one week, which is now my maximum period without release) without damaging the sexual organs? Serious question, serious answers (and only on topic- no comments like: Why do you want this? This is useless etc.) are much appreciated. Thank you indeed!

This has been asked already, but where did you learn this stuff. If it is affecting your mood as you describe, you are doing something very wrong. If you cannot abstain for more than a week, you are doing something very wrong. I have learned some of this stuff from proper teachers, and what you are describing should not be happening. My advice would be to stop completely, and find a proper instructor if you want to learn this.

I completely disagree. If you are 15-40 (give or take) and you don't experience urges that manifest in any number of ways (curtness, increased energy, aggression, etc...) you are the one who has something very wrong with you. Or, at least don't disparage people with a healthy libido. After all, a healthy drive is a sign of good health.

I did have to do some of this sort of practice when training full time and competing/fighting, and it certainly increased my aggression. I have no idea whether it helped my fighting, though. Dr. Fish has commented on this subject to my satisfaction. I then moved to compete in "non-internal" comps and did even better, all the while not abstaining from "good times." In fact, one of my most successful competitions involved double gold medals, competing up in rank, and all after a hell of a night (toga party while at school at Berkeley). Keep your teacher happy if you want to keep learning, but forget the mumbo-jumbo.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
phil b wrote:

I have been using various internal martial arts methods for several years now but an important question is yet unanswered to me: how do I store effectively unused sexual energy without getting depressive or hyperaggressive[sic]? And is it possible to abstain from sexual release for a longer period (more than one week, which is now my maximum period without release) without damaging the sexual organs? Serious question, serious answers (and only on topic- no comments like: Why do you want this? This is useless etc.) are much appreciated. Thank you indeed!

I completely disagree. If you are 15-40 (give or take) and you don't experience urges that manifest in any number of ways (curtness, increased energy, aggression, etc...) you are the one who has something very wrong with you. Or, at least don't disparage people with a healthy libido. After all, a healthy drive is a sign of good health.

I did have to do some of this sort of practice when training full time and competing/fighting, and it certainly increased my aggression. I have no idea whether it helped my fighting, though. Dr. Fish has commented on this subject to my satisfaction. I then moved to compete in "non-internal" comps and did even better, all the while not abstaining from "good times." In fact, one of my most successful competitions involved double gold medals, competing up in rank, and all after a hell of a night (toga party while at school at Berkeley). Keep your teacher happy if you want to keep learning, but forget the mumbo-jumbo.

Ian, I'm not disparaging anybody.Nor did I mention anything about increased energy. I am pointing out that the training isn't working for him, so he is probably doing it wrong. . There's no mumbo jumbo in my post.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 am

The semantics is interesting but I do not believe sexual energy can be stored ???
One can be of 3 levels ??? of desire ???
1. low
2. Middling (circumstances/environment/partner acceptance and objective criteria of and for beauty
3. high

If low level of sexual energy then frequency of contact so to make the next meetup more 'desirable'
if high, then more frequency is desireble but as usual as more 'yamg' is used yin will take over (resting!)
Also doing/thinking/participating in less desirous meeting can surely allow more complete enjoyment on all sides.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby middleway on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 am

Question : What is 'Energy' as it is meant in this thread?

We could talk the effects of abstinence on hormones but i dont think this is what people are getting at.

thanks in advance.
Last edited by middleway on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am

read this yesterday and it made sense to me. I've done the "holding jing" thing for past 25 years. I try not to release from 5 days to two weeks. Of course my wife isn't too happy about it.

https://taiji-forum.com/tai-chi-taiji/tai-chi-interviews/shi-ming/

How do you understand the aging process from the point of view of inner cultivation?

Shi Ming - inner cultivationThe critical factor in aging is a person’s mind, thinking, and moods. If some people age faster than others, it’s because of this. Aging is not just a matter of the body. The mind is critical to the body. We mentioned this before: if I’m happy, I can cause a disease to go away. If you are always anxious or worried, you are going to get old fast.
For people who don’t cultivate, a distance gradually occurs between their body and mind, energy and emotions. Their thinking and behaviour become disharmonious. Life situations only aggravate this disharmony.
So I say, only through harmony can you live long. Today people are really interested in Daoist sexual practices. They get really excited about transforming sexual energy into qi. But I don’t approve of these practices. It creates unnatural energy states. If you have a lot of jing, it’s natural for it to flow out. To overly manipulate it is unnatural. It’s not good for something to be disharmonious. So people who practice this alter their marital or love life. This is a mistake. Only through harmony can one live long, not through inner practices manipulating sexual energy.
If you work at cultivation, it’s not necessary to pursue these things. Once you set up objects, you’re at an extreme. But be careful about what I’m saying: the natural expression of sexual desire is fine, but you can’t go to extremes.

He also says:

Look at how jing works. When jing is full, it releases naturally. If it doesn’t, you feel very uncomfortable. Strictly speaking, there is no monk who is truly chaste, that is, without orgasm. He has involuntary emissions. This is a natural phenomenon. The important point is not to go to an extreme in emitting jing, in having orgasms. You want to bring harmony to your body and extend that to the universe.
Last edited by Rhen on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhen

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan