Sexual energy storing

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Sexual energy storing

Postby Taoist on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:28 am

Trick wrote:
Taoist wrote:Good day Taoist, so many insights and advices so far in this tread, don't you have any comment ?

Sorry, I was just amazed considering the sheer amount of helpful advice. All postings on topic without insults. Thank you all for your efforts!
Taoist
Santi

Postby Taoist on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 am

Bao wrote:I asked a Chinese professor in Daoism and chinese religion about these things already about twenty years ago. He said that there is absolutely nothing in traditional taoist practice or theory, as neidan etc, that prohibits sexual activity and that there is nowhere in old texts that mention anything about to abstain from sexual release or activity. He said that neither sperm production or sexual realease had anything to do with the process of refining jing or transforming it to Chi and that according to neidan theory sexual activity might even be good for qi development and that this whole thing is probably a mistake coming from Buddhist influence, and that it might even have been away from Buddhists to impose their ideas on Daoism and chinese culture. So even from a traditional Chinese view or Daoism, there is absolutely no need follow these silly myths and superstitious ideas about keeping away from sexual activity.

Sorry, i just can't resist. ;D To me only complete idiots (no offense) base their actions on the advice of a single person. Regardless if he is a professor, those people sometimes should be trusted even less.
As I said before I do not want to discuss if the preservation of jing leads to better results with regard to Qi Gong and martial abilities- let me just tell you by my own experience, it does make a difference.

The fact that so few people here have equivalent experience tells a lot about your Kungfu knowledge. I do not want to waste either of our time further so again, thank you for the few well-meant comments (although none of them was useful).
Taoist
Santi

Postby RobP3 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:52 am

Taoist wrote:Sorry, i just can't resist. ;D To me only complete idiots (no offense) base their actions on the advice of a single person.

How about people who look for profound / medical/ spiritual advice on a (by and large) anonymous forum?
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Taoist wrote:
Bao wrote:I asked a Chinese professor in Daoism and chinese religion about these things already about twenty years ago. He said that there is absolutely nothing in traditional taoist practice or theory, as neidan etc, that prohibits sexual activity and that there is nowhere in old texts that mention anything about to abstain from sexual release or activity. He said that neither sperm production or sexual realease had anything to do with the process of refining jing or transforming it to Chi and that according to neidan theory sexual activity might even be good for qi development and that this whole thing is probably a mistake coming from Buddhist influence, and that it might even have been away from Buddhists to impose their ideas on Daoism and chinese culture. So even from a traditional Chinese view or Daoism, there is absolutely no need follow these silly myths and superstitious ideas about keeping away from sexual activity.

Sorry, i just can't resist. ;D To me only complete idiots (no offense) base their actions on the advice of a single person. Regardless if he is a professor, those people sometimes should be trusted even less.
As I said before I do not want to discuss if the preservation of jing leads to better results with regard to Qi Gong and martial abilities- let me just tell you by my own experience, it does make a difference.

The fact that so few people here have equivalent experience tells a lot about your Kungfu knowledge. I do not want to waste either of our time further so again, thank you for the few well-meant comments (although none of them was useful).

Sorry that all the good answers and insights in this tread has not fit your expectations. There used to be a 'Golden Dragon' on this forum but he has disappeared after just a few post, too bad, I think you would have got all your answers from him, from just your two posts I can tell you and GD are on the same wavelength, and thus hopefully you two will meet...good luck on your way.
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:08 am

well,
when Great Mongol asked Taoist sages about possibility of longer life , their answer was:
- do not ejaculate so often!
as we all know he didn`t take it to the heart to deeply , and... we have so large amount of his genes around today :D
so
spread your genes
or keep it - there is the question
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Rhen on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

I suggest trying the urine and poop holding methods (except for you ones already full of sh*t)
Rhen

Postby dspyrido on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:56 pm

I had some discussions with my previous sifu on the 100 day taoist alchemy meditation, abstinence & fasting. It was apparently designed to establish the ball of chi in the body and provide a lot of health and state of being benefits. Long story short - I did not do it for many reasons.

That said it helped me contemplate a few more practical things that work for me. Things that I combined with observations, discussions with coaches/partners & experiments. Here are a few points to consider:

- Avoid sex for a few days and have someone practise a bit of peda on you. Then have sex several times (to exhaustion) and then try it again that day or the next. See the difference yourself. Try this same excercise with running or the gym and see the difference in performance. Too much sex can effect performance but what is too much varies with age and person to person.
- I have had friends who partied the night before they were competing perform absolutely atrocious the next day. One guy in particular was proud to walk in saying his girlfriend kept him up until 3am. We saw the results.

It's not hard to see it can effect performance. Beyond this I am not saying each ejaculation takes a week off your life but it has come up in many cultures. I don't believe it to be completely true but evidence one way or another would be good to see.

So how do you control the aggressive/depressive states?

Two things - train more and utilise meditation.

Got a lot of energy in the body? Train to exhaustion. Do this for a few days and the body acclimatises and the recovery times grow shorter and shorter. Have sex a few times in a night and see the results again. The best part of the training is - make it real physical stuff which ties in martial arts. Spar more. Do more solo movements faster and more intensely. Use a weighted poles, jackets etc. etc. This is why I think the whole theory of moderation came up in the first place - people can train better.

On meditation - this stage all relates to tempering the mind:

- stretch in peace
- walk in peace
- meditate in peace be it standing or sitting.

These help ease the rising tension & pressure. Quiet self tuning practises provide more awareness of cues to look for such as tension in the facial area and head. Let it go via the meditative methods and the tension goes away (until it comes back later).

How does all this work? Many try to explain it using taoist theory and essence changing terms. Others try to explain it from a western perspective around testosterone or some other method. To me explaining it is nowhere near as important as practising:

- exercise
- mindfulness
- moderation

There is also the diet factor but that's too big a topic.

BTW YMMV and it's easy to fall off the bus due to life's pressures. It's also easy to just climb back onto the bus and keep going.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 pm

wiesiek wrote:spread your genes

Life's too short/YOLO -- I say, spread away! :D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Peda ???
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby AJG on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Body pounding Wayne

One of your original tai chi teachers told me the same thing. I once told him I was doing a lot of body conditioning to which he replied
" you're not ejaculating are you ?"

He said the negatives aspects of this manifest themselves later in life.

I don't know whether he is right or wrong on this.
AJG
Anjing

Postby AJG on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:41 pm

I'd concur with what dspyrido is saying as I've felt the same thing.

Unfortunately I've neither had the time, patience or focus to devote to these things so il defer to the experts.
AJG
Anjing

Postby AJG on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pm

With another teacher I was once demonstrating some pounding with a big Estonian dude.

This teacher looked at the way he was breathing and said "he too much sex".
AJG
Anjing

Postby wiesiek on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:25 am

Dmitri wrote:
wiesiek wrote:spread your genes

Life's too short/YOLO -- I say, spread away! :D

but,
not so often now,
when I crossed 60 -oldman-

My experience is the same as in old Taoists texts - avoiding ejaculation became more important when you grow older.
Keep in mind, that >older< may vary :D
In my 40 I`ve didn`t noticed declining of my energy level , or it wasn`t too big to feel,
however when I avoided, and did circulation after - felt it increasing.
Now , when I passed 60, - "gassing out" after the sex with ejaculation became the fact. :'(
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:11 am

Now , when I passed 60, - "gassing out" after the sex with ejaculation became the fact. :'(

Maybe, but it might not be because of the ejaculation. Be happy that you don't need the little blue pills to be able to come in the first place ;). Besides, if the woman's around the same age, it probably won't matter. And, if she's much younger, then not going for that second and third round might just save your life. In any case, after 60, one's not expected to be the sexual tyrannosaurus one was at 20. One can dream, though.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Steve James wrote:it might not be because of the ejaculation

Yup.

sexual tyrannosaurus

Oh I wanna be one!! Where do I sign up?! Image
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan