Taijiquan's name before it was even called "Taijiquan"

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Taijiquan's name before it was even called "Taijiquan"

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Keeping the bird from flying away is a parlor trick. Snatching it out of the air is the real gong fu.The king of the jungle knows this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3570896/Spitting-feathers-Lioness-sends-huge-flock-doves-flap-snatching-one-birds-sky-devouring-it.html

Another good one is tossing an apple into the air and catching and crushing it all on one motion. Not much gong fu involved but who cares?
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:52 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I know someone who was on this site that demonstrated it to a senior student
Unfortunately I am not permitted to tell how he did it
And due to fact he was asked to leave the site it will never be revealed
I know some of his students read the site so they might be able to ask him
All that said the reason for the story was to display a principle

Why is that? Did you promise an Australian not to reveal an ancient Chinese secret?

Now I would like to fly away from this discussion.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:33 pm

I promised the guy who did it I wouldn't reveal it until he told the guy he did it to the trick.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I promised the guy who did it I wouldn't reveal it until he told the guy he did it to the trick.

That is the magician's code not cima's. Oh, wait a minute.
Taste of Death
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan