The Martial Arts Teacher - a new book

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: The Martial Arts Teacher - a new book

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 am

chimerical tortoise wrote:You used to post like an enthusiast rather than someone who is evidently only on RSF now to pump up internet traffic for your products... I might not agree with you very often but I respected that enthusiast for his idealism and eagerness to learn. Now you only post to self-advertise.

Please refrain from not telling the truth.

During the past few weeks I have created three threads on this forum.

One of which, pertains to my book, and is before you.

Another, details the joyous occasion of two large martial arts organizations and systems coming together and my support of it.
http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26547&sid=5949bbda87d4106acbf3241ad6bf012c

A third, is a positive review I have written for another teacher's DVD.
http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26546&sid=5949bbda87d4106acbf3241ad6bf012c

Only the first one I mentioned among these directly promotes the sale of my written materials. The rest are in fact my appreciation of other people's work, from which I yield absolutely no benefits. I make no money from shifu Joshua Viney's DVD sales. I have never even spoken with shifu Viney, but have corresponded with a student of his. I have no direct financial or official affiliation with either master Sam Chin or master Keith Kernspecht. The first among these two gentlemen I have never even met, and the second one is a friend of mine - no more. I never practiced any of their martial arts or studied under them. Likewise, on my book's facebook page, I have for years now been posting mostly videos and articles by other people, most of whom I have never spoken with or relate to. I simply appreciate what they do.

Confucius said: "When you see a virtuous person (Junzi), aspire to be like him. When you see he who is not virtuous, examine yourself".

This thread here has been occupied with much criticism. Not only do I lack any criticism towards anyone here, but I have actively engaged in showing appreciation towards others instead in other recent threads. We shall all have a better community at large if we focused more on the positive.

Let me tell you friends, about one thing I observed in master Kernspecht while I spent time with him. He always showed appreciation for the people he liked. He was consumed with helping others. The majority of his time was spent on projects or actions which were intended to benefit other people. I was humbled by this. A man with an organization numbering dozens of thousands, and he still finds time for this. It is a pity that you cannot see, how highly he speaks of master Sam, whom he considers as family. How much praise he has for him and for other people. It then struck me, you see, that this is a big part of his great success in life, which is undeniable - his appreciation of others. All the while, I have never experienced benefits or opportunities jumping at my direction by doing the opposite - criticizing people.

My book concerns these moral issues, and others too. As a teacher I have not the privilege of waging opinion wars with strangers and publicly proclaiming others to not know what they are talking about. What will my students think or say, if they see that their teacher goes about telling others publicly, that their DVDs are worthless or that they should not be teaching this or that? Is this something I want my students to learn from me? A way for them to behave? Or do I wish for them to be more respectful of other people's honest attempts to make a living?

These notions are at the core of my new book, The Martial Arts Teacher. A good teacher has to lead by example. This means that you cannot live by ordinary standards, but rise above what others might consider 'reasonable'. Thus, I return to the previous quote by Confucius: "When you see a virtuous person (Junzi), aspire to be like him. When you see he who is not virtuous, examine yourself". When I see a person such as master Kernspecht, I aspire to imitate his moral integrity and manner of teaching and handling his schools. When I see people who are impolite towards me and disrespect my work, I examine myself. Rather than simply 'not be like them', I see in me the times and place when I did act like them. Which I did in the past, regrettably. Therefore, there is no reason for me to be angry, but rather show understanding. We cannot all appreciate. Sometimes we feel an urge to lash out and attack, even when unprovoked, because we have an inner desire to express something. That is alright. I understand everyone who have written on this thread. I forgive everyone who may have been unkind towards me, as I had to forgive myself for acting in similar ways in the past and having had to ask of forgiveness from others whom I treated badly.

We are all biased, yes? I have my opinions of other people, their writing and their gongfu as well. Sometimes, my opinions are rather harsh. But, I nowadays refrain from using the public sphere in order to express such opinions. Especially as teachers, criticizing others in the public sphere is:

- Bad Karma.

- Lack of Wu De.

- Usually without provocation, so unnecessary.

- An invitation for another to act in the same manner in the future.

- A act possibly hurting another person's income (and you never know another's financial situation).

I remember, some 5 years ago I had been critical towards master Chen Zhonghua on this forum. Master Chen was interviewed for my first book, Research of Martial Arts. Nonetheless, I wrote on this forum that I thought of some claim of his concerning a practice method, that "while I respect him a lot, I believe this specific claim is bullshit". Later I received an email from him explaining politely why he believes I was mistaken, with proof to his claim. I felt deeply ashamed. Not only was I wrong about what I had written, it was an ungrateful and dishonorable thing to do in the public sphere. Immediately recognizing my lack of personal integrity in this particular matter, I hurried to publish a public apology to master Chen on the forum. It was well-received. Master Chen, a very kind gentleman, was appreciative of my public apology and my willingness to admit my wrongdoings. He in turn return a favour, by inviting me to spend two and a half weeks with him at his school in China, which is located at the mountaintop of Da Qing Shan in the Shandong region. In so doing we struck a friendship, and master Chen opened my eyes and gongfu to a whole new world of possibilities. I was eternally thankful to him for his kindness and have since gone out of my way to demonstrate my appreciation of his teachings. This too had taught me, that there is far more to gain in life by appreciating other people, than criticizing them.

Another person who has been an inspiration to me in that respect is my friend, Dr. Gary Stier. I know for a fact that he has suffered far worse difficulties and challenges in life than most people will ever have to deal with. Nonetheless, I have witnessed him for years speaking only praises of others and the world at large, always conveying a positive spirit and attitude. Those among you who have him as a facebook friend can attest to the fact that he is working every day and has done much spread this cheerfulness and happiness among others.
I call once discussing another teacher with Dr. Stier privately. I was skeptical of some of the things the other teacher has been claiming and expressed my frustration of it, for I thought that teacher might be using false arguments to promote himself. Wise Dr. Stier then helped me see that there was no reason to be upset. Said teacher was successful, did good for other people, and what he was teaching was effective and useful. Then why did it matter whether I agreed or disagreed perhaps with some of his claims, when in fact that teacher was doing very good things in the world? That conversation, too, helped me change my perspective. As Dr. Stier always tells me: "It's all good". ;)

Look around you at the martial arts community at large, and you too will notice that the most successful people (subjectively speaking) - those who have achieved through their martial arts careers all that they wanted - were most commonly the people who knew how to appreciate others and refrain from criticizing others necessarily. That is not a coincidence.
Last edited by jonathan.bluestein on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby phil b on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 am

You write a post like that and it is disingenuous. I have not criticized your book as I have not read it. I said the introduction smacked of hubris and I stand by that. Read it objectively and you will see what I mean. It is chock full of grandiose nonsense.
My question was simple; what makes you an authority on teaching. Rather than answer you told me to write a book, read your articles if I want to know more about you, and only like the comments that smack of sycophancy.
I taught my first class of traditional Hung Gar 22 years ago. I don't think I am any kind of authority. People on here with much more experience than you or I wouldn't be so arrogant as to offer guidance in the noble art of teaching.
All I know of you is that you do Xing Yi Quan, Pigua, and Poo Yee's kung fu. So why should I read your book? Since you are so keen to promote it, feel free to say why you think I should listen to you. I have nothing against you, but that intro was arrogant at the least, and your responses are wordy, but say little.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby edededed on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 am

Jonathan's reply sounds honest to me - kindness, being a role model, gentler perspective, I think those are all good things to consider. I thought his stories about how he learned some lessons were really from the heart - they reminded me of some of my own lessons in the past, too.

Another might be the challenge of writing in another language - Jonathan is very good at English, yet some unfamiliar nuances and/or flavor may cause people to not like his writing. (This is maybe why I probably should not try to write a book in Japanese (maybe my Japanese level is something like Jonathan's English level) - I will probably get ultra-flamed by the (passive-aggressive) Japanese populace).

For some authors (usually the ancient ones), the unfamiliar flavor can be seen as a positive, on the other hand.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby chimerical tortoise on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:40 am

jonathan.bluestein wrote:
chimerical tortoise wrote:You used to post like an enthusiast rather than someone who is evidently only on RSF now to pump up internet traffic for your products... I might not agree with you very often but I respected that enthusiast for his idealism and eagerness to learn. Now you only post to self-advertise.

Another, details the joyous occasion of two large martial arts organizations and systems coming together and my support of it.
http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26547&sid=194a13e945b846407aa12fb9d5d39ce2

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26546&sid=194a13e945b846407aa12fb9d5d39ce2

Only the first one I mentioned among these directly promotes the sale of my written materials. The rest are in fact my appreciation of other people's work, from which I yield absolutely no benefits. I make no money from shifu Joshua Viney's DVD sales. I have never even spoken with shifu Viney, but have corresponded with a student of his. I have no direct financial or official affiliation with either master Sam Chin or master Keith Kernspecht. The first among these two gentlemen I have never even met, and the second one is a friend of mine - no more. I never practiced any of their martial arts or studied under them. Likewise, on my book's facebook page, I have for years now been posting mostly videos and articles by other people, most of whom I have never spoken with or relate to. I simply appreciate what they do.

Please refrain from insulting my intelligence (or worse yet, yours).

Three posts very well - one of them detailing your book. The second and third both linking to blog articles you've written, the third not even with a description - just a url. If you click through the link and finish the article you reach a little bio about yourself where you advertise both your books.

If you like Confucius then I'm sure you will enjoy another of his sayings.

子曰:「巧言令色,鮮矣仁!」
chimerical tortoise
Huajing

Postby cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:53 am

Bao wrote:

However, I wonder how the content of the new book is related to it's title. I would like to see a content description. It's usually available on Amazon.

Hey Bao,

Not sure if this has been addressed - I have a bit of catching up to do on the thread.. But you can read quite a lot of it with the look inside function on Amazon, including the contents. I've been doing just that myself over the last couple days.

If you are into a traditional culture for teaching then this book might be of value. I mean I find it interesting as some kind of case study of one mans journey into teaching TCMA. What I find commendable about JB is that he's happy to share his research and he strikes me as a person who likes to do his homework - in that regard what he shares of others work can be of value in of itself.

For me this book is more about a culture of teaching than anything else - from what I've seen of it, having had a look I'm not sure it's really for me in the sense of whether I would adopt a similar approach or want to be learning under that at this stage of my journey/ life. JB 100% seems to have his students best interests at heart though and this kind of thing I guess has it's time and place.
Last edited by cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:12 am

AIY wrote:. The question is whether there's something in the book that's worthwhile for its intended audience.

Well yeah, that is what we try to figure out here, but the author refuses to answer.

Question = What makes the author qualified to write a book that can teach other teachers to teach better.
Response from the author = Read my book. :-\

cloudz wrote:
Bao wrote:

However, I wonder how the content of the new book is related to it's title. I would like to see a content description. It's usually available on Amazon.

. But you can read quite a lot of it with the look inside function on Amazon, including the contents. I've been doing just that myself over the last couple days.
For me this book is more about a culture of teaching than anything else - from what I've seen of it, having had a look I'm not sure it's really for me in the sense of whether I would adopt a similar approach or want to be learning under that at this stage of my journey/ life.

Yes, I’ve tried to find that function, look inside, but all I find is the back cover. Maybe it’s better on desktop version. I want the names of the chapters.

What you describe is very much opposite to the back text/description, where it is more described as a book about teaching and how to teach. If it’s about the teachers and the culture of ma teachers, the description doesn’t do a very good job. I found very good descriptions for the last book in reviews. I still don’t know if it’s about history or mechanics. It seems to be both. It seems confused and unfocused. An author beginner’s mistake is to try to put in as much as possible and losing the focus. I want books that has a clear focus. If you want to write more about the subject, instead write more books.

I don’t care very much about any author and who they are. But I can say this, that I have a tremendous respect for the effort to complete a whole book and publish it. Something a lot of people would want to do, but don’t have the discipline to finish the job.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 am

jonathan.bluestein wrote:

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26547&sid=5949bbda87d4106acbf3241ad6bf012c

http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26546&sid=5949bbda87d4106acbf3241ad6bf012c

Confucius said: "When you see a virtuous person (Junzi), aspire to be like him. When you see he who is not virtuous, examine yourself".

This thread here has been occupied with much criticism. Not only do I lack any criticism towards anyone here, but I have actively engaged in showing appreciation towards others instead in other recent threads. We shall all have a better community at large if we focused more on the positive.

Let me tell you friends, about one thing I observed in master Kernspecht while I spent time with him. He always showed appreciation for the people he liked. He was consumed with helping others. The majority of his time was spent on projects or actions which were intended to benefit other people. I was humbled by this. A man with an organization numbering dozens of thousands, and he still finds time for this. It is a pity that you cannot see, how highly he speaks of master Sam, whom he considers as family. How much praise he has for him and for other people. It then struck me, you see, that this is a big part of his great success in life, which is undeniable - his appreciation of others. All the while, I have never experienced benefits or opportunities jumping at my direction by doing the opposite - criticizing people.

My book concerns these moral issues, and others too. As a teacher I have not the privilege of waging opinion wars with strangers and publicly proclaiming others to not know what they are talking about. What will my students think or say, if they see that their teacher goes about telling others publicly, that their DVDs are worthless or that they should not be teaching this or that? Is this something I want my students to learn from me? A way for them to behave? Or do I wish for them to be more respectful of other people's honest attempts to make a living?

These notions are at the core of my new book, The Martial Arts Teacher. A good teacher has to lead by example. This means that you cannot live by ordinary standards, but rise above what others might consider 'reasonable'. Thus, I return to the previous quote by Confucius: "When you see a virtuous person (Junzi), aspire to be like him. When you see he who is not virtuous, examine yourself". When I see a person such as master Kernspecht, I aspire to imitate his moral integrity and manner of teaching and handling his schools. When I see people who are impolite towards me and disrespect my work, I examine myself. Rather than simply 'not be like them', I see in me the times and place when I did act like them. Which I did in the past, regrettably. Therefore, there is no reason for me to be angry, but rather show understanding. We cannot all appreciate. Sometimes we feel an urge to lash out and attack, even when unprovoked, because we have an inner desire to express something. That is alright. I understand everyone who have written on this thread. I forgive everyone who may have been unkind towards me, as I had to forgive myself for acting in similar ways in the past and having had to ask of forgiveness from others whom I treated badly.

We are all biased, yes? I have my opinions of other people, their writing and their gongfu as well. Sometimes, my opinions are rather harsh. But, I nowadays refrain from using the public sphere in order to express such opinions. Especially as teachers, criticizing others in the public sphere is:

- Bad Karma.

- Lack of Wu De.

- Usually without provocation, so unnecessary.

- An invitation for another to act in the same manner in the future.

- A act possibly hurting another person's income (and you never know another's financial situation).

I remember, some 5 years ago I had been critical towards master Chen Zhonghua on this forum. Master Chen was interviewed for my first book, Research of Martial Arts. Nonetheless, I wrote on this forum that I thought of some claim of his concerning a practice method, that "while I respect him a lot, I believe this specific claim is bullshit". Later I received an email from him explaining politely why he believes I was mistaken, with proof to his claim. I felt deeply ashamed. Not only was I wrong about what I had written, it was an ungrateful and dishonorable thing to do in the public sphere. Immediately recognizing my lack of personal integrity in this particular matter, I hurried to publish a public apology to master Chen on the forum. It was well-received. Master Chen, a very kind gentleman, was appreciative of my public apology and my willingness to admit my wrongdoings. He in turn return a favour, by inviting me to spend two and a half weeks with him at his school in China, which is located at the mountaintop of Da Qing Shan in the Shandong region. In so doing we struck a friendship, and master Chen opened my eyes and gongfu to a whole new world of possibilities. I was eternally thankful to him for his kindness and have since gone out of my way to demonstrate my appreciation of his teachings. This too had taught me, that there is far more to gain in life by appreciating other people, than criticizing them.

Another person who has been an inspiration to me in that respect is my friend, Dr. Gary Stier. I know for a fact that he has suffered far worse difficulties and challenges in life than most people will ever have to deal with. Nonetheless, I have witnessed him for years speaking only praises of others and the world at large, always conveying a positive spirit and attitude. Those among you who have him as a facebook friend can attest to the fact that he is working every day and has done much spread this cheerfulness and happiness among others.
I call once discussing another teacher with Dr. Stier privately. I was skeptical of some of the things the other teacher has been claiming and expressed my frustration of it, for I thought that teacher might be using false arguments to promote himself. Wise Dr. Stier then helped me see that there was no reason to be upset. Said teacher was successful, did good for other people, and what he was teaching was effective and useful. Then why did it matter whether I agreed or disagreed perhaps with some of his claims, when in fact that teacher was doing very good things in the world? That conversation, too, helped me change my perspective. As Dr. Stier always tells me: "It's all good". ;)

Look around you at the martial arts community at large, and you too will notice that the most successful people (subjectively speaking) - those who have achieved through their martial arts careers all that they wanted - were most commonly the people who knew how to appreciate others and refrain from criticizing others necessarily. That is not a coincidence.

That was a hard and somewhat strange read. Despite the many names you bring up that have guided you to humbleness, you seem to just talk about how good YOU are.
Trick

Postby cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 am

Bao wrote:
Yes, I’ve tried to find that function, look inside, but all I find is the back cover. Maybe it’s better on desktop version. I want the names of the chapters.

Definitely take a look on a desktop if you can, there's quite a few chapters and you will get to read fairly extensively some of the content.

What you describe is very much opposite to the back text/description, where it is more described as a book about teaching and how to teach. If it’s about the teachers and the culture of ma teachers, the description doesn’t do a very good job.

I may be at fault here for being confusing, let me try and frame this better: it is about teaching and how to teach.. But, JB very much follows a traditional paradigm, and as you might have gathered is a fan of Confucian ideals and conduct. So whilst it does what it says, it is very much geared to a certain way or philosophy of teaching/ learning that leans heavily towards certain formal/ traditional values etc.

As I tried to get accross, for me personally, here and now, it's not the best direct fit. But that's not to say there are not some valuable ideas and experiences therein to contemplate. I can't say I'm not interested in a proper read, what I came accross has piqued my interest even if my interest does feel on the voyeuristic side atm.

I have to stress though this is just based on some partial reading of the content.
Last edited by cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Patrick on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:56 am

But really calling Kernspecht some sort of a role model?! When his Organisation is based on deciving People ::)
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby charles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am

Jonathan,

I applaud your goal of introspection and wanting to help other people. Both are noble endeavours.

There is an old proverb that states, "The road to hell is paved with good intensions." There are many examples, some recent, some historic, where persons have stated that the primary motivation for their actions is to help others. There are also many examples where that may be the outward appearance, but it really is more about the person performing the actions than about the helping of others. In other words, in those cases it's about me helping you, rather than about you being helped.

When you created a Wikipedia entry for the deceased Xingyi teacher, a private man whose students did not want a Wikipedia entry of their teacher, I asked you why you felt the need to create that entry. You stated that it was as a service - helping - the martial arts community at large. It was also a disservice to the teacher, whom you never met, and his students. You engaged in a tug-of-war with one of the students regarding the content of the Wikipedia entry: you'd write something, he'd change it, you'd change it back, he'd change it again... At the time, I asked you about your motivation for needing to prevail. Is that really an example of helping others or is it about you prevailing, imposing what you want to "help" the martial arts community at large? Is that an example of "me helping you", or of "you being helped"?

When you write glowing praise of the work of people you've never met, of arts you've never studied, is your review about "you being helped" or about "me helping you"? If you've never met the person, or studied the art you are reviewing, on what basis can you provide a meaningful review? If your mantra is to never say anything critical about anyone, then every review about anything you are ever sent will be a glowing one? That's very nice to only say good things, but it isn't very intellectually honest. It harms those who will pay good money - and time and effort - to purchase, read and/or practice what is purchased based upon the recommendation of your review, a review based simply on not wanting to say anything "bad". In the end, the intention might have been good - to say nothing negative and help sell product (book, video, seminars...), but the buying public is worse off for it. This can quickly become a slippery slope of being "me helping you" - getting reviews published - than of "you [the public] being helped".

That quickly slides into the issue of who do you help? If a situation exists where you can help your friends but doing so screws everyone else, what is the correct action? Should one chose actions that help the greatest number of people, versus people who are your favourites? If I put out a video that was truly awful - full of incorrect, half-baked information, badly performed, etc. - if I ask a friend to review it, should he or she only say good things about it, so as to help me sell videos?

My point is that it is easy to say that one's primary motivation is to help others. It is not so easy to actually do that. Doing so requires one to be very honest with oneself about why they are doing what they do. Is it "me helping you" or is it "you being helped"? Is it all about me, or all about you and you being helped? One's ego and humility is often what distinguishes one from the other.
charles
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:28 am

You do raise some valid points Charles.
Last edited by cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby charles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am

cloudz wrote:You do raise some valid points Charles. Unfortunately this is what often happens when it becomes about business and making a living. It's a I'll scratch your back, you scratch my back world. Everyone's at it..

That often does happen. In some circumstances, a reciprocal arrangement isn't a bad thing.

If one does a lot of glowing reviews for things that shouldn't be so glowing, one becomes known for "pimping" others' work. At that point, one has little credibility. If one always writes grandiose reviews of everything and anything - even in areas beyond one's expertise - one will eventually become known for that and have little credibility.

Then there's pimping one's own work...

Whenever talking about other people, my master [Chen Fake] praised their contributions instead of being critical of their shortcomings. When we saw people practicing Taijiquan in the park, we would ask him whether their Taijiquan was any good. My master would always answer in one of three ways: for some he would say their Taijiquan was good; for others he would say that their Taijiquan had Kungfu; and to the last type he would say that he could not understand their style. Later on, I figured out the meaning of his answers. When he said their Taijiquan was good he meant that both their skills and Kungfu were good. When he said that there was Kungfu he meant that there were no skills to speak of, but there was effort. When he said he did not understand their style, he meant that neither their skills or their efforts were commendable, but he did not want to humiliate them.

from: https://practicalmethod.wordpress.com/1-chen-fake/ (mostly) a translation from Hong Junsheng's book.
Last edited by charles on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
charles
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 am

Charles wrote:That often does happen. In some circumstances, a reciprocal arrangement isn't a bad thing.

Agreed, a certain degree of integrity and good judgement should exist ideally. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Ron Panunto on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:50 pm

If you want to criticize, then read the book and critique its contents. That's all that counts.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Bao wrote:Your review doesn't say that parts were unreadable. And I don't think it was a totally negative review. It was a good and honest review that clearly described what it was all about. It could very well result in sales if people who are interested in parts of it reads it.

The unreadable assessment came from some of my local practice partners. That it resulted in hurt sales was Bluestein's concern, not mine.
greytowhite
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan