Where do your fingers go

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Where do your fingers go

Postby everything on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:54 am

oragami_itto wrote:Yes, but when you practice your form, where do you, personally, put your left hand?

separated, not connected, as qigong. don't buy anything and don't give a shit about the exact placement for "application". getting the posture right is more about the rest of the body, anyway, from a pareto principle pov.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 am

Came across this interesting enough its also the way I use ji,
as well as some of the other movements pung, lu, ji an.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P28AxI3Es1w

In my own work I use the taiji as the short hand for my system, moving away from
some the more traditional ways that the movements are often portrayed or demoed.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm

I like that. It's so deceptively simple. I once saw a guy use it in a basketball game. Didn't get to talk to him about it, or figure out how he learned it, if he maybe knew it from outside TCMA, etc. Some of the most enjoyable "push hands" for me occurs in sports. It's an honest expression of some light grappling. No one is doing the taiji passive-aggressive thing, escalating into strikes, etc., because we're focused on the ball, and the grappling is just slightly there.

edit: putting l palm on r wrist seems to eliminate some unnecessary slack in the structure.
Last edited by everything on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan