Yang Zhaopeng

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Yang Zhaopeng

Postby I-mon on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Willie, you're being an asshole again. I like what I've seen of your Taiji, FWIW.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 pm

willie wrote:see me at the last seminar using fajin powered applications in freestyle pushing hands. Boy, if what you're saying is true well then I might be the only one on the planet! Because I can use it right now! My teachers like the best, LOL!
, and this poor fool from gao bagua also just got the find out the hard way. LOL!

Since we already(even you) has agreed on that most TJQ'ists are of quite low skill so of course you as a power-lifter can easily throw around almost anyone, you could probably even toss around the big names such as CXW
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:17 am

Sorry wrong thread! Deleted.
Last edited by GrahamB on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 am

I-mon wrote:Willie, you're being an asshole again. I like what I've seen of your Taiji, FWIW.

Sorry, that's because text doesn't have a face behind it. But it does get a little tiresome listening to people who are incorrect and trying to correct me.
willie

Postby willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:28 am

charles wrote:
willie wrote: no need to post any videos of anyone, I have it and know how to use it. I got lucky and found the right teacher

So much for discussion and "exchange".

Charles, you already know
willie

Postby willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 am

Trick wrote:Since we already(even you) has agreed on that most TJQ'ists are of quite low skill so of course you as a power-lifter can easily throw around almost anyone, you could probably even toss around the big names such as CXW

Being into powerlifting and weightlifting is just another Hobby. It's something that I enjoy. Actually I think that I like it even more than martial arts. Do you see all the arguing in martial arts? Do you think that that brings happiness? Did you ever see any of cxw videos when he was a bit younger? That guy is the god of Tai Chi. I have nothing but respect and admiration for him and for CZL, WHJ In short, I wouldn't want to be on the other side, because the other side is the wrong side.
willie

Postby GrahamB on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 am

I-mon wrote:Willie, you're being an asshole again. I like what I've seen of your Taiji, FWIW.

Warning! ASSHOLE POLICE in the area :)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:04 am

*tips hat*
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby charles on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 am

willie wrote:Charles, you already know

Maybe, but in a public forum, the discussion is usually for the benefit of all who read the forum.

Since we have examples that you have stated are what it is not, it would round-out the discussion to have examples of what it is.
charles
Wuji

Postby Shinobi on Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:03 pm

https://kroki020661.livejournal.com/14832.html

It needs put through a translator unless you read Russian, but I found this page quite interesting. It provides a little information about members of the Yang family we don't hear much about - Yang Luchan's oldest son Yang Fenghou, Fenghou's son Yang Zhaolin, Banhou's son Zhaopeng and Jianhou's middle son Zhaoyuan, with photos of each of them.

Perhaps most of you are already familiar with this information, but it was my first time reading so much about these four men. I didn't know for example that Yang Zhaolin had so many disciples. In fact although I'd heard of the other three, I didn't even know there was a Yang Zhaolin until recently. When I first read his name, and read that he was adopted by Yang Jianhou, I thought 'Oh, they must mean Tian Zhaolin!'.
Shinobi
Santi

Postby jbb73 on Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:15 pm

GrahamB wrote:Since Yang Lu Chan learned from Chen Chanxing, isn't the "original and complete" style, actually, Chen style?

Whats the point of arguing over the crumbs spilled from the table? ;D

Indeed - if there would have been an original and complete Chen-style at that time ;D
jbb73
Mingjing

Postby nicklinjm on Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Yang Zhaolin is an interesting figure because two of his students - Li Baoyu and Wang Qihe - were known for their high level of taiji skill. Li Baoyu is of course the teacher of Dong Yingjie (famous as a disciple of Yang Chengfu). According to the Dong family Dong Yingjie held Li's skill in high regard, considering him on a par with YCF.

Wang Qihe's line is almost unknown outside of China but in the Handan / Yongnian area they are well known for their push hands skills, dominating the local competitons.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:55 pm

There are a couple of points I'd like to add. My primary teacher taught what he learned from several IMA masters during the early decades of the 20th century. He said these men were training maniacs who practiced more hours everyday than most of their students did in a week! He said they were obsessed with a desire to optimize their personal internal cultivation and their soft style boxing skills via every aspect of their training regimen.

As a result, they were physically stronger and far more flexible than most people are, either then or now, more quick and agile in their footwork, more truly relaxed and rooted, as well as very soft and fluidly changing in their movements, yet also capable of suddenly manifesting extraordinary speed and power.

I think that similar skills are not often replicated today because most current practitioners in every style don't practice the same material as the older generations did, and they don't train in the same way. So, it shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone that those who practiced superior material in a more serious training regimen acquired superior fighting skills. Wow! Imagine that! :o
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan