Finding Students..

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Finding Students..

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 am

MaartenSFS wrote:I have begun teaching one student privately and will begin teaching at a Taekwondo school two nights per week next month

You just recently moved to the US, you already have one student and soon begin to teach a couple of nights in a TKD school, it actually sound your on the go already.
Trick

Postby vietle87 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am

Hey, I'm that student that Maarten has been teaching. I am originally from California and train Wutan Baji with Shifu Jason Tsou. Maarten's teaching has been enlightening and enjoyable!
vietle87
Anjing

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 am

Great then you can help him out by spreading the word
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:52 am

Great then you can help him out by spreading the word
Trick

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:00 am

vietle87 wrote:Hey, I'm that student that Maarten has been teaching. I am originally from California and train Wutan Baji with Shifu Jason Tsou. Maarten's teaching has been enlightening and enjoyable!

Maarten's Xing Yi Lieu He and your Baji should work pretty good together. I believe both CMA systems require 6 harmony. Please say hello to Jason for me.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:22 pm

Miro wrote:Do not care about finding the students, just practice for yourself and do not worry - if you become really good, if you will have something really valuable, the students will find you and they will try to get those valuables from you. The price should be in the middle - so that you will be satisfied and your students will be satisfied too.

I have to care because I also need training partners.. The only way to become really good is to test myself.. :-\
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Trick wrote:
MaartenSFS wrote:I have begun teaching one student privately and will begin teaching at a Taekwondo school two nights per week next month

You just recently moved to the US, you already have one student and soon begin to teach a couple of nights in a TKD school, it actually sound your on the go already.

Well, the TKD school is going to take some work. It's not a guaranteed thing. I should have a relatively stable training partner there, though. :)
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm

vietle87 wrote:Hey, I'm that student that Maarten has been teaching. I am originally from California and train Wutan Baji with Shifu Jason Tsou. Maarten's teaching has been enlightening and enjoyable!

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it. Keep training that stuff. Results guaranteed.. :P
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 pm

johnwang wrote:

Maarten's Xing Yi Lieu He and your Baji should work pretty good together. I believe both CMA systems require 6 harmony. Please say hello to Jason for me.

I definitely think that these arts fit together very well. Even Bagua and Taijiquan, Tongbiquan can fit with it very well too, if trained the right way.. ;D
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm

MaartenSFS wrote:
Miro wrote:Do not care about finding the students, just practice for yourself and do not worry ...

I have to care because I also need training partners.. The only way to become really good is to test myself.. :-\

The reason that I teach is also for training partner purpose. CMA is 2 person's art. It cannot be trained solo. Old saying said, "If you don't spar/wrestle for 3 days, your hands and legs will no longer be yours." I strongly believe in that.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby MaartenSFS on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm

I absofuckinglutely agree, but unfortunately I don't have the chance these days so I'm doing more solo training. Ideally it would be at least 50/50 partner training/sparring/fencing. Most of the solo training is to train power.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan