park etiquette

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

park etiquette

Postby Squeeeez on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:54 am

Hi everybody!

Another silly question :)
What is the general etiquette for parks?
Watching/staring is frowned upon?
What if you would like to join?
Squeeeez
Santi

Re: park etiquette

Postby bailu on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am

Surely this will depend on what country/culture you're in?
~Medway Tai Chi Society~
www.medwaytaichisociety.tk
bailu
Anjing

Postby Squeeeez on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:38 am

On one hand it makes sense... on the other hand, it makes everything more complicated :D the teacher might not be of the same culture than the region where the park is located, aaa ???
Squeeeez
Santi

Postby Appledog on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:07 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:22 am

Remember a funny incident happened in my hometown in Sweden. I had began to study with a new Taiji/wushu teacher in town, a Chinese guy. We practiced in one of the local parks where I saw an other local Taiji teacher walking nearby who is considered by those with skill and knowledge has a somewhat dubious reputation, I didn’t think more about him and continued my practice, after awhile I went to have a drink we had put our belongings next to a big nearby bush. There I saw him standing behind the bush“spying” on us, his companion seemingly embarrassed pulled him to leave :)
Trick

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan