anybody familiar with Chinese Boxing Institute International

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

anybody familiar with Chinese Boxing Institute International

Postby slowmaker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm

local guy lists Chinese Boxing Synthesis Certified Instructor as one of his qualifications.
Searching for that phrase led me to chineseboxing.com, apparently home of the Chinese Boxing Institute International.

Looks interesting; got me curious as to whether anybody here has any personnel knowledge, or even friend of a friend knowledge of them, or any of their instructors/alumni?

Their site navigation is a little wonky; the site map page is here, it helps a lot: https://www.chineseboxing.com/home-relax

The founder was apparently named Christopher Casey, Asianized to Kai Sai (as in Kai Sai Kung Fu, mentioned in one of the school listing posts on this board).

Searching for chineseboxing.com with the board search engine gave a lot of PHP errors, then a few posts that happened to have the run-on phrase chineseboxing in them. External site search gave similar results (without the PHP errors).

So I'm guessing the subject hasn't come up here before, at least under the names mentioned above.
slowmaker
Santi

CBII notes

Postby slowmaker on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Starting listening to Marvin8Ken Gullette's internal arts podcast from the first one today, and noticed that the interviewee, Michael Chritton, mentioned the CBII favorably. Apparently he got his first training from a CBII guy, Gary Huff (Hoff? wasn't quite sure which he was saying).

Well, I think what he said was he got his first training from a friend who was a student of Gary Hoff/Huff, then got introduced to GH/H, and things progressed from there.

Edited to correct podcast attribution; wasn't paying enough attention when I first saw one of Marvin8's links to the podcast, got the wrong idea...
Last edited by slowmaker on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
slowmaker
Santi

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan