100 day fast

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: 100 day fast

Postby wiesiek on Wed May 31, 2023 3:37 pm

Wayne`s teacher get a point,
but
it isn`t bulls eye...
It is truth that it brings toxins stored into the blood and dosen`t have time to expel them from the body.
He should add : fully, and expel them only partially.

This is the reason for ex., of headaches during the first 3 days of a 7 days fast, and of course 24 h. as well.
Anyway, if you do it on steady basic, you will reach the point where blood is clean and one day a week without digestion does a wonderful job for your digestive system.

My advise for Appledog (if you`re like go berserker ;) ) _ start with 3 days on carrot juice.
don`t eat or drink anything , just carrot .
Most important point - you have to press the juice personally.
Works only fresh , in 20 minutes after pressing juice is loses 50% of the health properties.

aaa
and keep your enema ready... -punchballs-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed May 31, 2023 5:19 pm

What your saying might depend on what your daily diet is and the amount of stored toxins
I was warned about the headaches but they never came
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:37 am

yes,

headaches are my personal experience from the time when I started 36 h. once a week.
They passed out after month or two, don`t remember exactly, it was loooong ago :),
and I also not recalling, if I was on "standard fox" diet or did I switched already?
anyway I did remember days of "switching" done by recommended 3 days of carrot juice...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Doc Stier wrote:What you described in your opening post is not a fast, but rather a restricted diet.

Yes, the pattern I fell into is a time restricted feeding diet. I've studied Huberman's fasting and time restricted feeding video and I liked what I heard.

So far I have lost 12 kg and I'm not starving to death so it seems to be working. I feel like I am continuing to make improvements in my arts so it's all good.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:17 pm

Appledog wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:What you described in your opening post is not a fast, but rather a restricted diet.

Yes, the pattern I fell into is a time restricted feeding diet. I've studied Huberman's fasting and time restricted feeding video and I liked what I heard.

So far I have lost 12 kg and I'm not starving to death so it seems to be working. I feel like I am continuing to make improvements in my arts so it's all good.

Agreed. Anything which promotes personal wellbeing and improved overall health is a definite asset. Dietary restrictions, juice fasts, and water fasts for any period of time can all do exactly that.

Proactively doing something positive, whether large or small in scope, is always better than doing something with known negative consequences or doing nothing at all.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan