As Hard as you F*cking Can.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: As Hard as you F*cking Can.

Postby johnwang on Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:37 am

Sea.Wolf.Forge wrote:Regarding combinations I prefer to build my combinations in 2's and 3's, ...

I like 3 punches combos too. My 1st punch is not trying to hit my opponent, but to pull his guard down. Since the hook punch can be used as a downward parry, my 1st punch will usually be a leading arm hook. Sometimes I like to use jab as my 1st punch. But my jab is always a bait. If my opponent blocks it, I can change my jab into a pull, and pull his guard down. My main attack is on my 2nd punch, or my 3rd punch. This way I can keep my strategy very simple.
Last edited by johnwang on Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:22 am

johnwang wrote:
Sea.Wolf.Forge wrote:Regarding combinations I prefer to build my combinations in 2's and 3's, ...

I like 3 punches combos too. My 1st punch is not trying to hit my opponent, but to pull his guard down. Since the hook punch can be used as a downward parry, my 1st punch will usually be a leading arm hook. Sometimes I like to use jab as my 1st punch. But my jab is always a bait. If my opponent blocks it, I can change my jab into a pull, and pull his guard down. My main attack is on my 2nd punch, or my 3rd punch. This way I can keep my strategy very simple.

Long arm is a little different. Either destroy the guard or bypass it..

good combo

more combo's

Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:59 am

In a word, yes. It’s a critical component of martial arts training, but something to build up to with proper technique and conditioning. It isn’t necessary to train that way all the time. In the long run it leads to injury. Remember that you don’t need 100% of your technique to injure your opponent. ;)
Last edited by MaartenSFS on Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan