Ron Sieh

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Ron Sieh

Postby monkeymind on Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:23 pm

One book about martial arts I have really enjoyed is "Gravity Never Stops" by Ron Sieh. I've searched the web for info on him several times over the years, but I haven't found much. I just searched the board here, but the only new info I found was that he studied with Doc Stier in the 1970s. Has anyone here had any direct experience with him? What was it like? I'm also curious if he's still active. He should be about 70 years old now. Does anyone know if he is still teaching and if so, where?
monkeymind
Santi

Re: Ron Sieh

Postby stma on Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:50 am

Ron studied with Peter Ralston for a short while in the 80's when I was there. A lot of his concepts come from Ralston.
It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavour."

Motobu Choki
stma
Mingjing

Re: Ron Sieh

Postby JessOBrien on Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:26 am

Hi, I met up with Ron in Berkeley some decades back. Definitely from the Peter Ralston school. He was in Minneapolis last I heard. Nice guy for sure.

Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan