man does qigong and gets fMRI pictures

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

man does qigong and gets fMRI pictures

Postby everything on Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:09 am

produces some interesting changes in the MRI scans of his brain, a water bottle, an egg. doesn't claim to "prove" qi or qigong or "define" qi (he refers to "bioenergy" here).
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: man does qigong and gets fMRI pictures

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Interesting presentation. Thanks for sharing. 8-)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:15 am

There is an excellent "thermographic" output by a German group who did a pre and post thermographic diaplay of fMRI
before yangsheng practices and after yangsheng practices and there was a visible and unique dispay of the areas that
warmed up (body temp. increase (red)/active vs the pre-cool baseiine showing a definite function of low to medium whole body 'exercise'
routine.
Usually medium to high intensity physical routines tend the show the warming up but it takes places at a higher intensity vs
the low to medium activities of taijiquan or qigong.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:41 am

It is a good presentation.

Curious to see what people come up with over the next 50 years or so.

On that note, a company I am part owner in is working on a device that measures "chi" by comparing the differential in the magnetic field the body generates before and during various meditative/yogic practices. Early days, but so far, the results are promising.

Again, this does not measure "chi" directly, but the idea is that it would give people a metric by which to judge the efficacy of their various practices.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:22 pm

temperature

I think he stated that the fMRI does not measure temperature.

like with "qi", it's not measuring electricity directly. not really sure how it works. seems to be based on changes in blood flow/O2 in different brain sections.

so have NO IDEA what the egg and water bottle things are based on.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:34 am

That is a problem I have with modern day yangsheng methodogy in its 'descriptive' naming tchnologies!
I generally use the term "qi" as ambiguous as it may be where with pre and post measured objective reading, there is
always a marked increase in temperature reflecting the 'dispersion of 'qi' (yes, I used it) and indicated as 'red'
(increased microcirculation) as seen with the naked eye.

I worked with fMRI in a clinical reaserch project with subjects with dementia and the medication in question showed the equivalent of
'electric connections' being formed when x medication is being used indication the connection of 'glial cells' attemting to form a
connection and reflected by that electrical spark. The body is electric hence EKG, ECG, GSR (galvanic skin response) the touching of wool products in cooler temp
allowing for greater electric sparking when touching another human entity.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:48 pm

I can’t quite follow what is being shown. It seems (only from reading) those markings are not “heat maps”, but you say they are? It’s a bit confusing. Any idea on the water bottle?
everything
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan