Dong Family Tai Chi...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Dong Family Tai Chi...

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Is the word About here used to mean somewhere in the neighbourhood of
The guy in black is breaking most of Yangs 10 essential points
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:14 pm

here watch this happy tune instead!

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:43 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Is the word About here used to mean somewhere in the neighbourhood of
The guy in black is breaking most of Yangs 10 essential points

Think about it like jumping rope and boxing.

Jumping rope isn't boxing, but doing it a certain way can be ABOUT being a better boxer.

I don't know if I can explain it any further than that. My skill fails me.

Each of the Fundamental Qigong routines has a different area of focus. This one is joint opening.

Think about it like lifting weights. The important points when you are doing a bench press are different than the important points when you are doing a curl.

I'd think you'd want to keep the basic body ideas in place at all times as much as possible by default, but it's not overly important here to my understanding since each one is focused on a particular piece.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:15 am

Cool warm ups bro ;)
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:48 am

oh

so
that's how you get the real Qi for the tai chi chuan is it.

;D

now that you have it
hold it real tight like Golem

my precious
no, my precious!!
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:01 pm

Having put hands on him and hundreds of other people over the years, I'll take his word and the results of the practice for what they are. I spent an hour with him last week. As soon as I tried to push him, he had my feet. I couldn't do a thing to affect him. The only instruction was "do whatever you want".

By all means, show me something better and I'll.. how's the saying go... throw down everything on the wrong side of 50 and blah blah blah.

As the saying goes, "if you want what I have, do what I do". I like what he's got, Taijiquan wise, and spirit wise. I simply can't imagine him saying an unkind word about anybody that didn't really deserve it.

November we've got a push hands meetup in Tampa. December, Alex will be in Austin for a weekend, I'd love to host you so you could get first hand experience with the system.

I hope your nasty attitude is satisfying to you. I feel like I've gone above and beyond to give you the benefit of the doubt and engage with sincerity.

The fruit of your internal work is bountiful, but I'm pretty sure I don't want what you've got so I won't be doing what you do, whatever that is, shinobi.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:59 pm

I hope people don’t think I was talking about Alex
I was talking about the guy in black
That’s why I asked it there was someone better doing the chi gung
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:06 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I hope people don’t think I was talking about Alex
I was talking about the guy in black
That’s why I asked it there was someone better doing the chi gung

Yeah I was talking to that other dude, not you, Wayne.

I have video of him teaching it but that's not for me to share. Basically you do those moves with appropriate tension and visualization. Things open up.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:30 pm

origami_itto wrote:Having put hands on him and hundreds of other people over the years, I'll take his word and the results of the practice for what they are. I spent an hour with him last week. As soon as I tried to push him, he had my feet. I couldn't do a thing to affect him. The only instruction was "do whatever you want".

By all means, show me something better and I'll.. how's the saying go... throw down everything on the wrong side of 50 and blah blah blah.

As the saying goes, "if you want what I have, do what I do". I like what he's got, Taijiquan wise, and spirit wise. I simply can't imagine him saying an unkind word about anybody that didn't really deserve it.

November we've got a push hands meetup in Tampa. December, Alex will be in Austin for a weekend, I'd love to host you so you could get first hand experience with the system.

I hope your nasty attitude is satisfying to you. I feel like I've gone above and beyond to give you the benefit of the doubt and engage with sincerity.

The fruit of your internal work is bountiful, but I'm pretty sure I don't want what you've got so I won't be doing what you do, whatever that is, shinobi.

Of course it's my attitude.
I'm really glad you have Alex now to legitimise wherever the wind is blowing you this week.

I don't give you exactly what you want - like I'm a mind reader or something or as if I owe you my understanding. I'm really not sure. You are not entitled to anything from anyone on here. But when I spell that out in as nice a way as possible, what I get is a bunch of put downs in return. I'm supposed to write out a blow by blow internal exercise, martial or otherwise, that satisfies you at your whim?

Keep searching my posts and you will find a few, you know, if you really are that desperate. But I know that's really not what you are interested in. Your posting history and MO is all anyone needs to see this. You pulled a ridiculous Straw man on me in one thread, why should I forget that because you know, " just shooting the breeze bro, having a chat". ::)

what goes around.

You took the piss out of ninjitsu in the Systema thread, when my school had no connection to the Hatsumi stuff or did anything like it while I attended. It's all in your own mind. It doesn't bother me that you think little of it (what you think you know, or what I actually did in the past), it bothers me that you are tarring me with a completely different brush you just assume fits, it bothers me that you are actually that dumb to do that. lol.

Give you exercises, So I can prove what exactly?
What I wrote initially I did so in good faith and to my mind had value. I don't care if it's exactly what you had in mind or not, why the heck should I?

The instances of your shockingly poor attitude and disrespect to plenty of folks is bountiful.
Your level in your vids is pretty atrocious by the way; so for sure keep seeking all the help people will give you.

Why do you even pester people for their "understanding", if you already think you know better?
All this "having a chat" crap. I mean, pull the other one.

Keep going with the cheap insults why don't you. That's exactly why I'm reluctant to share anything much more with you, you did it before and you are doing it again. So I trained something with that tenuous connection many moons ago. A connection I made, not taught directly or forced on me. But you know next to nothing about it other than what I wanted you to.

You profess "coming in peace" but as soon as you don't get your way, you are off to the races. Throwing your toys out of your pram, Telling your truth, thinking you know better (whilst professing to know jack in your own words) and generally being a mean girl yourself. You started the insults today, not me.

Lets see, how many people on here have said things along the same lines to you and about you on here.. (I even had a private message shortly after our earlier exchange)... hmmm.

Yea, the problem is you I'm afraid. You're just way too enamoured with yourself to see it. If it keep happening with different folks and they keep saying similar things to you, you know what they say..

Carry on, and do yourself a favour, stop engaging me or I'll just mute you anyway. You are spoiling my RSF experience. And rising to your playbook is getting boring now. Since you know; you know jack about jack, what do you have to offer again, remind me ? ( no wait, please DON"T).

You actually know so much it's bursting out of your seems evidently.

thanks!
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:30 pm

Have fun with your practice man.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:42 pm

Keep your empty platitudes.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:12 pm

Anyone need a snickers?
Quigga

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:59 pm

Quigga wrote:Anyone need a snickers?

I tried a couple margaritas and some tableside guacamole about it ... I think I'm ready to handle losing cloudz approval.

Nope... Just too crushing, I'll be better some day.... Not today... Not... Today....
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan