The Internal Pugilism Of Gurjot Singh

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

The Internal Pugilism Of Gurjot Singh

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:57 am

FB Post and accompanying videos and pics can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/614889866093207/permalink/1344614233120763/

For Taijiquan students of the Martial and Health Ways for those 50’s & 60’s in age… free from anecdotal explanations and demonstrations. For those willing to perform at high levels of athleticism after their physical peaks… this post is for you!!!
I am a Steven Hemphill Kickboxing Blackbelt, a Wu Taijiquan Adept and Gracie Barra, Checkmat and Brasa Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Competitor. My energetic, standing and ground forms come from pressure testing the skills I have learned from these martial art disciplines in pugilistic submission fighting training, competition and recovery. Before the authenticity critique of Kung Fu peeps comes there are questions must be asked and answered:
What Taijiquan Practitioner in their 60’s has the internal boxing and grappling skills to:
1. Match a Bushido MMA BJJ Blackbelt more than 10 years younger?
2. Match the skills of a 34 year old Professional Boxer
3. Over come and submit a Professional EMT & Fireman of 21 years of age and a 20 year old experienced MMA fighter out working them to the point of projectile vomiting?
4. Have the essence gathering, energy form refining and vitality cultivation to construct a physical form of a man half his age?
5. Has shown peerless abilities by applying his art in one of the most prestigious promotions in the world of grappling and winning a World and Multiple Pan American Championships at the middleweight, mid heavyweight and Heavyweight divisions! And produced champions with his method at the world class level!!! ??? And has published the way to do so
Western Long Boxing: Tao of Ten Gated Changes https://a.co/d/2Dzokdk
Bardos of Jujizu: A Journey of a Black Walker https://a.co/d/hWzuMfD
A New Noon: The Religion of Jiu Jitsu https://a.co/d/7r6w6Cz
If you can come up with 3 you would be hard pressed. That is why this form is important. It is significant in the sense of showing the highest levels of potential for a Taijiquan adept in the 21st century. Not Marty of others…. Mastery of the highest performance standards of self. Nothing I do is original. It comes from Eastern and Western treatise and scholarly studies of Abdibhama Psychology and Phenomenological Psychology.

a couple of the videos:
https://www.facebook.com/591645974/videos/pcb.1344614233120763/1966961167012697

https://www.facebook.com/591645974/videos/pcb.1344614233120763/162756520172431

Have always enjoyed following GS and his accomplishments in Martial arts. His journey into BJJ I find quite inspirational as it's an art I'm interested in progressing further myself in my 50's.

It's very evident that G is a true internal practitioner as well as fighter and fight trainer. It's rare as hens teeth. Respect where it's due.
Another plus for me, is he's not one of those guys paying lip service to "neigong" and essentially treating it as a set of weigong.. or makiing internal into a bunch of body skills (as nice and interesting as those may be) divorced as can be from real time martial usage. He gets on with the Pugilistic training and skill, which is really what martial arts, internally driven or not, was always meant to be about - to my mind.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: The Internal Pugilism Of Gurjot Singh

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:02 am

I still don't understand what you mean by the terms "neigong" and "internal".

Could you describe or demonstrate a neigong and/or internal training method or technique?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:05 am

He's not shy about blowing his own trumpet is he.

As somebody doing BJJ in his 50s, my top tip - don't wait, start now.
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:25 am

If that was aimed at myself, my comment;

I've been doing it for quite a while on and off, my first class was probably in 2005-2006. just not with one teacher over the years, I've been more focused on TCC, wrestling, boxing and MMA in general, (for a long time I saw myself as a sprawl and brawl type of fighter) but as I'm ageing I know where I'll be gravitating to going forward, I believe.. At least that's how I currently feel and have for a year or so maybe. I did a fair but with my MMA coach for example.

I have a new teacher, training place in mind. I was/ have been doing it at a 'Combat Academy' more recently, and it was more focused on the competition team at the class that suited my timetable, so I switched to privates there. Lovely Brazilian guy, but he is focused on competing himself. Now that I have found this place I'm planning on paying up monthly rather than dropping in/ privates and just and go as far as possible with it there. He's an older teacher and as far as i can tell not as focused on competing and competition. After my holidays the plan is to sign up on monthly basis.

The advice is spot on though.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:38 am

Ah, see - it sounded originally like you were going to start in your 50s...

My other top tip is this: Yoga is your friend :)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:46 am

Cool,
yup Yoga is great !

We are soo in the over 50's club aren't we ;D
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:01 am

Warriors struggling to remain... consequential.

Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:55 am

Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:08 am

I apologize for my ignorance but in all of those words I did not find an answer to my question.

Could you describe or demonstrate a neigong and/or internal training method or technique?
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:27 am

No, I'm not yours or anyone teacher, and I have described internal (martial) exercise on RSF before.
Everything on a plate it seems with you. We aren't all here to serve one guys education frankly.

Buy the book Taoist Boxing by Serge Augier.
Line of Intent.

Do (some of) the work I have done. Giving you an exercise or two here and there is pointless. If you don't get it given all you post and all the posts you must have read. Not to mention all the various training you must have done. Then honestly much of the time I feel like it's a waste of time and energy to engage you.

It's like some never ending circle jerk, round and round we go. Be happy if you are improving, that's all that matters.

Figure out what it means to you and stop begging everyone for their understanding.
I've put a lot of time and effort into what I have learnt and done experientially.
Without that it is just intellectual understanding anyone can offer via the written word.

You have plenty of that already, maybe too much, and (maybe) that's half the trouble.

If I ever write a book of IMA exercises I'll give you one for free.
For now, go and pay for one and put the work in.
Or just trust your chosen teacher(s).

I've given you probably the best one (CIMA context) out there to get you on a similar page regards your specific question. If you are serious go and buy it somehow.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:30 am

Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:46 am

cloudz wrote:No, I'm not yours or anyone teacher, and I have described internal (martial) exercise on RSF before.
Everything on a plate it seems with you. We aren't all here to serve one guys education frankly.

Buy the book Taoist Boxing by Serge Augier.
Line of Intent.

Do (some of) the work I have done. Giving you an exercise or two here and there is pointless. If you don't get it given all you post and all the posts you must have read. Not to mention all the various training you must have done. Then honestly much of the time I feel like it's a waste of time and energy to engage you.

It's like some never ending circle jerk, round and round we go. Be happy if you are improving, that's all that matters.

Figure out what it means to you and stop begging everyone for their understanding.
I've put a lot of time and effort into what I have learnt and done experientially.
Without that it is just intellectual understanding anyone can offer via the written word.

You have plenty of that already, maybe too much, and (maybe) that's half the trouble.

If I ever write a book of IMA exercises I'll give you one for free.
For now, go and pay for one and put the work in.
Or just trust your chosen teacher(s).

I've given you probably the best one (CIMA context) out there to get you on a similar page regards your specific question. If you are serious go and buy it somehow.

I simply do not understand the hostility.

You don't understand the practices enough to describe a single exercise yet you want to lecture here like some kind of expert.

Just trying to have some conversation, bud. Calm yourself. Use your esoteric skills to settle your spirit into a less confrontational configuration.

I am very happy with my path and progress, merely here to compare notes and talk shop. I want to understand YOUR understanding. I have my own already.

With most of your posts though, lot of sizzle, no steak. Wikipedia level understanding of systems, at best. Was hoping for something with some depth.

Carry on though.
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:06 am

no pal

there you go with your entitlement

I could describe an exercise for you, no problem.
If I wanted to and if I liked you enough.

I just don't

not even grateful for the steer to an awesome CIMA book.
just wow. even when someone does you a solid you have no idea.

the first thing you do when you don't get your own way is come with a put down.
You don't know the first thing about my understanding it seems, all things considered.

you continuously prove the point, and I'm hardly the first on here to have figured it out.
I've given you the benefit of the doubt before, but i am absolutely done engaging you here or anywhere now.

You don't matter enough for hostility. You're annoying and irritating like a mosquito is what it is.
now buzz off please. don't engage (me) anymore please.

you did so on FB and now here with your begging questions about IMA, Internal, Qi and (mine or others) understanding of this or that.
If you don't like the answers, that's not my problem at all. You're never far away from telling us your truth though..

Neither is your opinion of them relevant or of any consequence to me.
Do your self a favour and stick to what you pay for, no one owes you shit.

You have badmouthed Gurjot Singh and you even criticised a clip of Serge on here before.

You are less than nothing compared to them, in my eyes. Oh wait here come the faux modesty card.
For some one who knows Jack about Jack... you have an awfully clever mouth don't you.

Mouth Boxer supreme.
There would be a line from here to China ready to shut it for you I expect :D.
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:39 am

why on earth would you want to understand my understanding ?
that really makes no sense.

all you really want ultimately is to show off that yours is better than. Your insecurity is so transparent; as is your lack of faith in the esoteric philosophy it's all based on.

seriously, you have issues
I've been posting on here for years, and you're a real special one, that's for damn sure.

Glad you have it all so figured out then with all your way above Wikipedia level understanding lol.

as Doc would say, what a hoot!
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:42 am

and do carry on dragging RSF down into a one man degenerate show you've almost single handedly made it into.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan