Wuji / beginning

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Wuji / beginning

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:08 pm

Think of Wu Chi not as emptiness
I don’t think anyone can start at total emptiness
More as relative balance and the form as playing with non opposition and striving to get back to that point of balance
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Re: Wuji / beginning

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:29 pm

windwalker wrote::) While interesting what can objectively be shown by using the above methods in martial encounters .

Assuming everyone is posting from “experience “

What or how does this help with John Wang’s proverbial “ fist meets face “
Question

When I first started learning martial arts at a Bagua school I had the ridiculous habit of sticking my tongue out when I was thinking hard. So this rule saved me from getting it bit off either by my own mistake or someone else’s fist meeting my face.

The Magpie Bridge (if you’re doing a moving meditation for a long enough period of time can cause the “heavenly rain” to fall which will help clear C- Reactive proteins and other fragmented proteins from your brain that are caused by concussions. Being thrown onto the ground during training does cause minor concussions and that damage can accumulate.
I do circle turning on a daily basis to alleviate any damage caused by training martial arts.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan