too much soul powah (killer intent thread).

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: too much soul powah (killer intent thread).

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed May 28, 2008 8:46 am

Sounds good! ;D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby WongYing on Wed May 28, 2008 9:14 am

This state of mind you should eventually be able to turn on and off again. A tiger does'n't run around all day long on full kill mode, but when it hunts, protects territory, family etc it switches on kill mode then off again.

Some training methods are designed to raise this kind of mental state, but must be balanced with calming methods or you will stay switched on all the time...not good for your mental health or the well being of those around you

It should be a cold blooded state of intent, not one of anger and hot emotion.

I notice that there is a difference between southern and northern styles in how they do this as well.

I think southern is very hot and fiery, where as northern is very cold and calculating....just my musings on the subject.

Good topic for discussion though
WongYing
Huajing

Postby xingyijuan on Wed May 28, 2008 9:32 am

Fantastic! A whole thread about Mix wanting to beat some meat (not even his own, mind you) after training! ;D
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Wed May 28, 2008 11:36 am

Hey, Bagua is chock-full of soul powah. Makes ya wanna jump back and kiss yaself.

YEEEOWWWWWWW!!!
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Wed May 28, 2008 3:42 pm

There's actually a whole taoist method around semen retention involving masturbation.

Or fucking.

anyway, just go at it, but don't come.

wait 1/2 hour.

now go work out.

big difference!

this is a short term thing though as you don't want a bunch of stagnant jiz chi in yer nutsack.

I know that sound vulgar, but it's the point. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 pm

On a more contemporary note, let's listen in on an interview with jazz musician Miles Davis which appeared in the April 1975 issue of Playboy magazine:

Davis: You can't come, then fight or play. You can't do it. When I get ready to come, I come. But I do not come and play.

Interviewer: Explain that in layman's terms.

Davis: Ask Muhammad Ali. If he comes, he can't fight two minutes. Shit, he couldn't even whip me.

Interviewer: Would you fight Muhammad Ali under those conditions, to prove your point?

Davis: You're goddam right I'd fight him. But he's got to promise to fuck first. If he ain't going to fuck, I ain't going to fight. You give up all your energy when you come. I mean, you give up all of it! So, if you're going to fuck before a gig, how are you going to give something when it's time to hit?
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu May 29, 2008 2:35 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't fight Muhammed Ali even if he's gone through a whole harem*. I think that Davis was bullshitting on that one, unless he learned martial arts from some hermit.

* I mean that I wouldn't fight Ali, if he wouldn't attack me. ;)
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Thu May 29, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan