I just vented.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: I just vented.

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 am

so
if you look wisely, there is a light on the end of m.a`s tunnels :)
good article Graham,
thx
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Briggy on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:31 am

Thanks Graham,

Very good articles. Makes me feel better after being snubbed with a "I know yr teacher's system and it is not real Taijiquan so I won't bother talking to you" type message recently on a forum, yawn.
;-)

Cheers.
Briggy
Santi

Postby johnwang on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:46 am

Shooter wrote:I didn't know how to keep an opp from gripping my lapels. My instructor told me to take my lapels out of the equation. So I put my jacket on backwards. That wasn't what he meant. It worked though.

Some Judo guys in Taiwan didn't like SC guys to "grab on the lapel and run in circle". Some Judo master suggested his students to "grab on your own lapel". This way you leave no room for your opponent to grab.

"If you fuck yourself then nobody can fuck you anymore". ;D

Felipe Bidó wrote: the humans love to put a label on, and divide according to the label and characteristics.

Briggy wrote: "I know yr teacher's system and it is not real Taijiquan so I won't bother talking to you".

A: Are you a Judoka?
B: No!
A: I don't think you are qualified to give opinion to Judoka here.
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 am

John Wang wrote:
"If you fuck yourself then nobody can fuck you anymore"

HA

John, that was my tjq instructor's suggestion while we were working on jacketed fighting. Hockey-fight is a very common attack afterall and people wear jackets here 8 or 9 months of the year.

I eventually did learn to take lapels out of the equation.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am

johnwang wrote:
Shooter wrote:I didn't know how to keep an opp from gripping my lapels. My instructor told me to take my lapels out of the equation. So I put my jacket on backwards. That wasn't what he meant. It worked though.

Some Judo guys in Taiwan didn't like SC guys to "grab on the lapel and run in circle". Some Judo master suggested his students to "grab on your own lapel". This way you leave no room for your opponent to grab.

"If you fuck yourself then nobody can fuck you anymore". ;D

Felipe Bidó wrote: the humans love to put a label on, and divide according to the label and characteristics.

Briggy wrote: "I know yr teacher's system and it is not real Taijiquan so I won't bother talking to you".

A: Are you a Judoka?
B: No!
A: I don't think you are qualified to give opinion to Judoka here.

If he grabs your lapels he occupies his hands, you know where two weapons are and they are know longer a threat, if you grab your own lapel, over his grip, you restrict his movement and have control, if he runs in a circle, take one giant step backand he will tumble.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan