台灣地區武術之融合與發展*

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: 台灣地區武術之融合與發展*

Postby .Q. on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:45 am

So you're supposed to start biting the instant anyone attempts any ground manipulation? Interesting. One guy I met who learned SC also mentioned he bit someone when the guy tried to do ground fighting on him but I didn't realize at the time it was intentionally trained. Is biting allowed while standing?
Uh, I don't see why it would be hard to use a specific ruleset. Just agree to use either judo or SC rules before a competition and stick w/ it. It's not like it's shameful for an SC guy to lose to a judo guy under judo rules or for a judo guy to lose to an SC guy under SC rules. Otherwise, just don't compete if face matters that much. Why make enemies of the guy who you might need to cover your back in a situation?
.Q.
Wuji

Postby TaoJoannes on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:53 pm

I think the point is that the context of the training is preparing police officers to deal with threats in the field.

Now, while I don't recommend anyone go around biting crackheads, I know that your average thug with a little bit of know-how isn't going to go whole-hog (no pun intended) against a cop and ignore the tap, thus maiming or permanently disabling the peace officer. Hence the need to say fuck the rules, anything goes.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:05 pm

.Q. wrote:Is biting allowed while standing?

As TaoJoannes said, "the training is preparing police officers to deal with threats in the field." There is no rules in that area. Tapping out will not save your life in those situation.

I had mentioned the bitting training before but just let me repeat it again.

beginner level: Get a raw pig leg and try to sink your teeth all the way to the bone.
intermediate level: Polish your skill against a dog or snake.
advance level: Go to zoo and polish your skill against a tiger or lion.

When you can kill a life tiger or lion by bitting, you should have no problem in any ground fight.
Last edited by johnwang on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Schu on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:19 pm

You fight like you train and when you forget there are no rules on the street you get bitten!
Hahahaha...
I always thought Judo was a nice sport. Score one for SC cop training in Taiwan!

Reminds me of COPS/911 episode where the cop tackles fleeing criminal puts crack dealer in an incomplete rear naked choke and gets his forearm clamped (bitten) down on by crack dealer. All he had to do was reach over the criminals head and press the pressure points above the eyes (just inside the socket at the top no need to touch the eyes, which would also work but with less pain) and pull back thereby leveraging the downward pressure of the guys jaw on his arm AND inflcit searing pain. But they did not teach him that in his Academy BJJ/Judo training (I say BJJ only because the cop did have his "hooks" in and was clearly trained in some sport or other.)

Hopefully the pepper spray helped kill some of the germs/HIV in the open wound on the arm because it sure did nothing to stop the fella.

You may hate the guy you train with (speaking from military experience) but I don't think those cops/cadets would ever not have each others back on the street. The Dean was 100% correct in his decision!!!
Schu
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan