Traditional Training For Modern Tournaments?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Traditional Training For Modern Tournaments?

Postby cerebus on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Did you read my previous posts on this thread? Yes, I was just wanting to hear peoples ideas for using solely traditional training methods as preparation for modern tourneys. I mentioned right away that I was taking it for granted that sparring was a requisite.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 pm

cerebus wrote:Did you read my previous posts on this thread? Yes, I was just wanting to hear peoples ideas for using solely traditional training methods as preparation for modern tourneys. I mentioned right away that I was taking it for granted that sparring was a requisite.

Then my apologies. I'm not in a good mood this morning. I just found out there was another guoshu leitai tourney in Taiwan that I knew nothing about:
http://www.newstaiwan.com.tw/index.php? ... nnid=45795

Like you, I'm trying to break into this stuff and the clock is ticking fast for me. It's incredibly frustrating.

Sorry,
Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Heh, heh, not a problem. I was just confused as to why you had written what you had. Yeah, it's not always easy knowing when stuff is happening and being ready for it. Best of luck with getting your Lei Tai on. Remember the video, we wanna watch! ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:57 pm

cerebus wrote:Yeah, it's not always easy knowing when stuff is happening and being ready for it.

Yeah, not knowing when things are happening makes preparing for them next to impossible. Or even participating. Good luck to you too.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan