TCMA training method - train your eyes

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: TCMA training method - train your eyes

Postby everything on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:18 pm

always ignored this advice for some stupid reason, not sure why. Seeming really helpful now that I'm actually trying it out.

Terrible if all the old practices disappear.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: TCMA training method - train your eyes

Postby Chowfarn on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Fubo wrote:One method I was taught in a few different MA was to focus on one point while letting the peripheral vision acknowledge other things around. We train this in Zhan Zhuang. I believe it's similar to driving where focus on the car in front, but acknowledge the other things/sounds/movement around.

I also train this - its a good method to focus.

My Kumdo master used to have a dot on his wall - just stare / stare / stare until all you see is the dot

The other focus method is to light a candle - look at it then close your eyes once your mind can't remember what the candle looks like, open your eyes look again - close your eyes etc.

As for eyes training - just circulating hands & follow them with the eyes.
Then keep your eyes still & do the same movement & try to see out of the corner of the eye.
Chowfarn
Anjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan