Zhan Zhuang - How Long?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Zhan Zhuang - How Long?

Postby mrtoes on Sat May 16, 2009 6:00 am

johnwang wrote:
shawnsegler wrote:Who said this?

Some CMA hater on the Judo forum and that's for sure. He asks me to give some CMA fighter's name who entered UFC or K-1. I don't know how far this will go, right now I decide to ignore him.

It's very easy to find yourself in a "helpless" situation if you involve with any internet discussion. This is why when David C. K. Lin asked me, "If someone said that you are full of shit on internet then what can you do about?" David was absolute right on this. There is nothing that I can do to defend the honor of the CMA in a Japanese Judo forum without getting emotional.

John,

That's why I try to stay away from places where people are going to annoy the hell out of me, much the same that I stay away from bad places at night to reduce the changes of getting beaten up :) It's very hard to change anyone's opinion on the internet, because some pimply 15 year old has as much say as a master, and in response to your reasoned argument he can just degenerate into abuse. Whereas you know as soon as you met each other in the real world you would both know exactly straight away what the score is ;D I'm not capable of being a standard bearer for CMA, I can't go "look here's my fight record, here's a video of me wiping the floor in san shou", but if I had anything like your level of experience I would probably find adolescent sports combat fanboys a helluva more annoying.

Apologies for the derailment, and no I wouldn't be able to hold your "superman" ZZ position without a great deal of discomfort!
Last edited by mrtoes on Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrtoes
Wuji

Re: Zhan Zhuang - How Long?

Postby johnwang on Sat May 16, 2009 12:35 pm

mrtoes wrote:That's why I try to stay away from places where people are going to annoy the hell out of me,

That's a very good advice indeed.

I have trained my guys by using CMA only (because I don't know any none CMA). None of my guys know any Karate, TKD, MT, boxing, BJJ, Judo, MMA, ... but they did OK in Sanshou, Sanda, SC, combat SC tournament. It should be good enough to prove that CMA along can be effective and there is no need to integrate any none CMA in training.

Fubo wrote:I always feel foolish when I let my ego get the better of me.

The problem is the moment that you get "YOU" or "I" involve into the discussion (not because you want to but because you are forced to), it's very easy to get into bragging and ego stage after that. It's just not easy sometime because when you are forced to prove something, you may have to show some fact, some of those fact may be considered as "ego" for others.
Last edited by johnwang on Sat May 16, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan