Models of attacks

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Models of attacks

Postby chimerical tortoise on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm

JusticeZero wrote:I have to teach the skeleton before I can get people to start really feeling into things. Some of the exercizes I have to use to teach the skeleton have easy martial applications. For example, I try to get them to internalize the coiling sort of force needed for correct stance with negaca. But there's a test of force there that if you put your arm out, correct form will generate a lot of speed and impact with a slap. It's easy to teach the slap as part of the drill; they can usually tell when they have it right because they hit the bag much harder than they planned and are immediately sore, in spite of doing at reduced speed and power.

Need a skeleton to work with before they can start to own the movements really; the skeleton isn't necessarily horribly detailed and there's a lot that they have to solve for themselves, slowing things down and working through the problems; the skeleton does need a certain level of physical ability to be able to first adopt it; in time the ability becomes more and more balance and the like.

Sorry, wrote that question before my last exam all looped out. That answers my question well, I was looking at things at the wrong angle. Thanks :)
chimerical tortoise
Huajing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan