On Akuzawa and the Aunkai

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

On Akuzawa and the Aunkai

Postby Brady on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:43 am

So just got home from the Akuzawa Seminar in DC and am happy to say it fulfilled my expectations and I took alot out of it with me.

In the two days we were there, we worked the full progression from foundational single man exercises all the way up to high repetition bag work. The amount of exercises that kicked my ass and showed me glaringly the limitations in my body is outstanding. Plus most of the stuff was easy to understand to the point that it won't be too difficult to achieve good results through steady practice at home.

Akuzawa himself was quite a force and definitely a testament to his system. His student/translator Rob was also ridiculously skilled and moved me easily despite a size disadvantage. This was my first seminar experience and it was good to match some names on this board to faces. If you guys have the chance to head out and see Akuzawa and you like good hard training then its definitely worth it.
Brady
Wuji

Re: On Akuzawa and the Aunkai

Postby kenneth delves on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 am

Read his web page-seems to make a lot of sense
kenneth delves
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 am

Brady,
Glad you got to the seminar. I guessed it would have a positive impact on you. :)
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:04 am

what Brady said....really good time and a great learning experience regardless of style!
Akuzawa and Rob were both great, high level demonstrable skill, lucid explanation and teaching.
somatai

Postby AlexMtl on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Thanks for this review, I'll make sure to check him out next times he comes near by ...
AlexMtl
Mingjing

Postby Bodywork on Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Here is a host of reviews from over at aikiweb where he is more well known. His student Rob and also Hunter join in as well.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13962
Bodywork

Postby Buddy on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Having met Bodywork, when I get fully well I'd like to check this out, given the opportunity.
Buddy
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan