Ziranmen.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Ziranmen.

Postby shawnsegler on Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 pm

I just finished reading Alex's new book on Ziranmen and wanted to give it two thumbs way up!!!

From a history standpoint it's very interesting but the question and answer portion with Serge says some very important things ICMA in general. Some very deep insights into internal practice. It really opened some new doors for me and confirmed some other things I already knew.

Each time I got to a point in the book where I felt it was starting to slow down, I'd flip the page and there was just more meaty info from a taoist perspective.

Anyway, it's worth picking up for any internal practitioner. Straight up.

Esoteric Warriors is one of the reasons I got into the internals, and it's latest baby brother does not dissapoint.

Best,

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Fri May 08, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Re: Ziranmen.

Postby Daniel on Fri May 08, 2009 3:58 pm

+1

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby eddie mush on Fri May 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Actually I enjoy all of Alex' writing

Shawn did you read beyond the mysterious gate?

M.
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Fri May 08, 2009 5:11 pm

I didn't, but I also just read "single perfect note". I thought that was a great book to give to a girlfriend or a family member that didn't know much about the arts and you wanted to give them an intro to what it was about, since it's couched in an entertaining story but has some actual real content mixed in.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby eddie mush on Fri May 08, 2009 6:47 pm

yeah, that one's a good read too... Can't wait to go back to my book collection.

M.
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby Simon on Fri May 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Alex's books are awesome.

I love Mysterious Gate its one of the best in my view so many good stories its part of the reason I am out in Asia here recreating it!!!! Not nearly as exciting as Alexs journeys though.

I think it would be good to get the Esoteric Warriors redone and updated and maybe offer an option to get all the books as a package deal. As if you into this stuff you cant beat his books for original content and inspiration value.

Just my opinion.

Simon (in sweaty Asia)
Simon
Wuji

Postby eddie mush on Fri May 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I hear ya Simon! Especially about a new edition of Esoteric warriors (so Alex can get what's rightfully his regarding royalties etc.)

M.
Martin Lund Rasmussen

eddie mush
Anjing

Postby Simon on Fri May 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes thats what I was thinking a new edition to go out as big as the first with Alex fully benefiting from it.
Simon
Wuji

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat May 09, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks so much for the kind comments, so much credit is due to Serge for his tremendous contribution to all my books and to my understanding of neijia.

A Single Perfect Note on the Bamboo Flute was heavily influenced by the teaching of Shun Yuen, my Bagua teacher in China.....he recently gave me a remarkable manuscript on the Bagua Jibengong which we will release very soon, very detailed and useful book.

alex
alexsuffolk

Postby eddie mush on Sat May 09, 2009 2:40 am

hehe, you're surely having some good stuff up your sleeves Alex, can't wait for that one.

Good times! :D
Martin Lund Rasmussen

eddie mush
Anjing

Postby Sean on Sat May 09, 2009 6:07 am

So where can I get a copy of this book!?
Sean
Wuji

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat May 09, 2009 6:24 am

Sean feel free to email me

[email protected]

and please let me know where you live.

alex
Last edited by alexsuffolk on Sat May 09, 2009 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexsuffolk

Postby Franklin on Sat May 09, 2009 8:43 am

alexsuffolk wrote: A Single Perfect Note on the Bamboo Flute was heavily influenced by the teaching of Shun Yuen, my Bagua teacher in China.....he recently gave me a remarkable manuscript on the Bagua Jibengong which we will release very soon, very detailed and useful book.

alex

sounds like there is going to be some good stuff coming up in the future...

please keep us informed...
i am interested in the DVDs of Master Chen (but have to wait for some things to line up before the cash is available)
and sounds like this new book is also something to look forward to... :)

anything else in the works for the future?

Franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby alexsuffolk on Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 am

Ok Franklin since you ask...........

- Silat Chimande book - history, theory and skills. by an Indonesian Master

- sequel to Beyond the Mysterious Gate (coming next month)

- Baguazhang Jibengong book - Master Shun Yuen

- a series of three martial arts novels set in Qing Dynasty China / Tibet
alexsuffolk

Postby Simon on Sat May 09, 2009 9:22 am

Wow Alex exciting titles coming.

Let me know when and how I can get hold of them.

Cant wait.

Simon
Simon
Wuji

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan