"The Tao of Yiquan"...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

"The Tao of Yiquan"...

Postby cerebus on Mon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm

... by Jan Diepersloot. Who here has read this book, and what are your thoughts on it. I'm enjoying it so far, and it looks like it has plenty of practical training drills in it as well.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Re: "The Tao of Yiquan"...

Postby jjy5016 on Mon May 11, 2009 4:06 pm

It's an interesting read and a good reference for the some of he different exercises in yiquan. Wouldn't take everything in it as gospel though.

I met Jan. Nice guy. Later this year he's supposed release Volume III of the "Warriors of Stillness" series.
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 pm

jjy5016 wrote:It's an interesting read and a good reference for the some of he different exercises in yiquan. Wouldn't take everything in it as gospel though.

I met Jan. Nice guy. Later this year he's supposed release Volume III of the "Warriors of Stillness" series.

Thanks. Are there any specific points you disagree with or have heard differently from other sources?
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 pm

It is a good book, i read it back in around 2001-2002 i believe. One of many good books I loaned out and never got back. it has some good history and alot of exercises. Not as much as what has come out of china in recent years on Yiquan like the boxing, bag work, youtube samples, running, and other partner trainings.

it is worth reading, I think I would get bored training in that stuff but it might be good for others. I liked how they showed different drills of the arms, circles, and what not. I am not a huge yiquan fan, but i like what the founder had done.
neijia_boxer

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan