Has anyone heard of this Taijiquan style?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Has anyone heard of this Taijiquan style?

Postby pete on Wed May 20, 2009 9:11 am

Hi- I am a student of William Ting and teach classes on Long Island. The Wu Ji style is derived from Chen style, with a strong Bagua influence. In fact, once the form is learned and understood well, it is then also practiced with bagua-style walking. There is a qigong set, a short & long version of the form, a sword form, push hands, and yes... martial content is alive and well!

I've worked some bagua with Master Ting over the years, mostly applying the bagua walking to the Wu Ji Form, Sword practice, push hands, and martial applications. My primary Bagua teacher is Frank Allen, where I've learned Cheng style from the lineages of Jiang Rong Qiao/BP Chan & Liu Jing Ru. I haven't done much with the Bruce Frantzis forms, but being Frank's teacher for 20+ years there is significant influence, most evident in Qigong/Neigong and Meditation aspects of the art.

Let me know if you have any questions. Contact info is available on my web page: http://www.silkwindstudio.com

Pete.
pete
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan