qi problem...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

qi problem...

Postby ashe on Sun May 31, 2009 10:51 pm

I have a new student who's left ear always fills up with fluid like an allergy attack or head cold whenever we work on our basic exercises, which are very nei gong. It happens regardless of where we are and doesn't happen in the same place when we're just working out and hitting pads etc., which leads me to conclude that she's got some kind of qi blockage that's working itself out via the nei gong we're doing, but I don't have enough medicine under my belt to know where to go from here in terms of identifying the source and possibly speeding things up for her.

Any ideas?
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Re: qi problem...

Postby Leimeng on Sun May 31, 2009 11:24 pm

~ Have her get some cranial-sacral work done. Or alternatively PM me and I will get you in contact with some good TCM types...

~ Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)
Leimeng
Huajing

Postby Peacedog on Sun May 31, 2009 11:48 pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 pm

hmmm interesting... does this affect her balance? in tcm ears are connected to the kidneys, so does she have a kidney prob/condition?
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:02 am

ask her to exam kindey,
particulary right one /if it`s o.k. all directly connected organs _ female rep. organs, bladder, etc/
for now, I would prescribe :
breathing exercises in the mornings
and
Nei gong for strengtening kindey in each afternoon
+
keep foot warm !
/yonlingquan located ~~in the meedle of the foot sole is 1st point of k. meridians which are directly connected wih internal ears and hearing/
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Muad'dib on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 am

The blockage may be something working itself out, or a large amount of pressure building up with potentially negative results. Send the person to a good TCM practitioner. If you live anywhere near LA, I can recommend someone.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:38 am

What kind of fluid? For example, is it ear wax, which can actually be secreted in large quantities. The student (or other daring individual) will have to taste the fluid and compare it to the other ear or somehow determine what it is. Approx. how much? How many q-tips does it take to clean it out?

If it's ear wax then I would say that the body is self-correcting and don't worry about it if there are no other problems. Like everyone says, ears are connected to the kidneys, but that can be a whole lot of things. Also, is there any relationship to the fluid and the physical/geometric arrangement of students and teacher in class? For example, do the symptoms change if most of the people are in a circle compared to a line? A circle will generate more power. I knew a student who couldn't do qigong if everyone was in a circle, but if we got in a straight line, she was okay.

If the student is cool about troubleshooting, you could give her kidney/urinary bladder boosting exercises or treatments to see what happens.
Michael

Postby Haoran on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:30 am

I agree with the other kidney comments.. Personally I've had some similar types of fluid/ear issues before and found Wuji qigong (hands at their sides) to be very helpful. I practice the Cai Song Fang version.
Haoran
Wuji

Postby Strange on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 am

talking about tasting ear wax... gulp....
salt, meaning cut down on it may help, cos too much salt over work the kidneys
and then there's that water retention bit
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 am

Afraid of tasting ear wax? You probably wouldn't make for a classical Oriental Medicine Doctor. :)
Michael

Postby somatai on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 am

hold little finger.......small intestine meridian is good for ear projects
somatai

Postby ashe on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Michael wrote:What kind of fluid?

more like inner ear kind of stuff.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Rotation of the cervical 3 rd vertebrae will cause the symptoms you see it. When her heart rate and breathing begin to rise the musculature on the anterior portion of the neck preventing drainage.

Go see a chiro or get a TCM doc to do an around the clock. Rubbing the the mastiod process should cause it to drain. I would pm Dr.Fish for his opinion. The kidney meridian often causes ringing in the ear not the symptoms you have described.

So I am sure somebody will take this time to correct me ::) and say I am wrong....but since I make the big bucks and bang the hotties.... ;D I will leave this up to her to seek out care.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby oldtyger on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:45 pm

I think I would recommend she see her regular doctor first. This could be something quite simple, like ear wax or possibly allergies with Eustachian tube congestion, or even something a little more serious like an ear infection--although I'd expect her to have more serious symptoms. Doesn't hurt to get a doctor to actually look into her ear and give her an exam.

My own knowledge of TCM is very little. I might be able to analyze her qi channels if I actually met her and find the blocked channel atlhough I wouldn't make any guarantees. I'm just starting to be able to do this--unfortunately my ability to treat with qigong is even less than my ability to diagnose although if I were correct in finding the channel I could teach her some postures for it and maybe try to transmit some qi. For TCM I agree with the others...she should see an experienced practictioner.
oldtyger
Mingjing

Postby Morty on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 am

I'd recommend her regular or an ENT doctor first as well. Nasal decongestives or an antihistaminic could solve the problem. It probably doens't have anytihng to do with qi anyways. :)
The essence is shut the fuck up and train.
Morty
Mingjing

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan