Training Dai Xin Yi Quan in China Questionnaire

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Training Dai Xin Yi Quan in China Questionnaire

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi All,

I wanted to put forth a couple of basic questions for people who are interested in training Dai Xin Yi Quan with master Yan Long Chang in Qi Xian/ Shanxi.

1) What would you expect to be taught?

2) How long would you want to go?

3) How much would you expect to pay?

Regards

Jon aka Dai Zhi Qiang
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Re: Training Dai Xin Yi Quan in China Questionnaire

Postby edededed on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:05 am

Hmm - I would not be available for something like this, anyway, but in Japan, there were, I think, 1 week stints where people went to China to train with Huo Yongli in Dai style. In general, they learned something like dantiangong (dunhoushi), hubu, and wuxingquan; maybe some more as well. The cost - I don't remember, but it was fairly substantial... (Maybe I can find it in some magazine somewhere...)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Mike Roberts on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

1) What would you expect to be taught? Depends how long you are there and your ability.

2) How long would you want to go? more reasonable the teacher the longer people might be able to stay and become better students.

3) How much would you expect to pay? Enough for your teacher to live comfortable without charging western prices that rip off the student.
"Real Taijiquan when looked at appears very simple, All of the gong fu, however, is on the inside."
Mike Roberts
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Mike Roberts wrote:1) What would you expect to be taught? Depends how long you are there and your ability.

2) How long would you want to go? more reasonable the teacher the longer people might be able to stay and become better students.

3) How much would you expect to pay? Enough for your teacher to live comfortable without charging western prices that rip off the student.

I guess number 1) is already covered due to the fact that since the style I do is relatively unknown and has few practitioners, everyone has to start out with the basics like, zhuan zhuang, shen fa, bu fa and some basic forms (si ba and wu xing quan).

I agree completely with number your explanation with 2) the more reasonable the price, the more someone is comfortable staying longer.

As for number 3) I would really like some people who train in China to give me some of the prices they are getting charged for a days worth of training. Our days training usually consists of 2 X 2 hour sessions and with numerous talks, questions and answers, etc discussed during dinner time.

DZQ
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan