OSCILLATING the Whip

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: OSCILLATING the Whip

Postby TrainingDummy on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:46 am

The Yang Mian system, that I-mon mentions, is basically White Crane internal training, involving chi packing, breath retention, iron palm involving slapping sandbags and iron shirt involving throwing yourself at truck tires.

My observation is that it tends to raise your center, which can make you a bit more emotionally reactive. It works, and works well, but it's a very different cultivation method to what you typically see in tai chi/ BGZ since it's not as deeply tied to the lower dan tien.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:16 pm

TrainingDummy,

Thanks for your insight.

Ian,

it is the wavelike actions that I am interested in; and specifically close range grappling. I can work this stuff at trapping/close striking range, but am interested to see how and who uses it in clinch and beyond.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:57 pm

yeah so I don't get your question exactly. any vid examples or something to show us?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Ian on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:14 am

yeah I don't quite get what you mean either. would you mind describing an example?
Ian

Postby Walk the Torque on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:49 pm

nianfong wrote:yeah so I don't get your question exactly. any vid examples or something to show us?

Ian wrote:yeah I don't quite get what you mean either. would you mind describing an example?

Not going to say a word until I get a video camera. Saving up ;D
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan