Protecting your material.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Protecting your material.

Postby mrtoes on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 pm

johnwang wrote:By using the "Jad decompiler" to decompile Java bytecode files (*.class) back to Java source files (*.java). You then search with certain keywords and remove certain classes from the Java file, recompile it and get the new class file and send to customer.

This was one of my patent that I can customarize a product if a customer only want to buy certain function but not the other. But in this case, I'm decompile the Jave code that I develop myself. It just make me think, How can I prevent others from doing this?

These days you just use an off the shelf obfuscator to remove symbols and add extra program instructions to prevent casual disassembly. Often just scrambling all the variable names is enough. On some platforms you can even take the byte code and put machine specific instructions in it to really mess with disassembling tools. Of course, even that won't deter someone determined to reverse engineer.

Um... Not sure if that has really helped the analogy ;)

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan