Cosmic Tour Bagua (Taoist Bagua)

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Cosmic Tour Bagua (Taoist Bagua)

Postby Bill on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:37 am

Cosmic Tour Bagua is unique in the way that it epitomizes the cycles of energy transformation as presented in the I Ching. Unlike other Bagua systems that emphasize the martial arts applications, Cosmic Tour Bagua focuses upon energetic development for health and spiritual transformation beyond physical bounds.

The Cosmic Tour Bagua system consists of two main sets. The first is Merry-Go-Round, which has a total of eleven simple postures that are practiced by walking in a circle in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. Beginners usually find this set very easy and simple to learn.

The second set is comprised of eight smaller parts that are reflective of the eight main energy transformations of the I Ching. These individual parts vary in the number of movements and levels of complexity.

Arnold Tayam is currently the only person authorized to teach the entire system of Cosmic Tour Bagua, recognized through the CHI Health Institute (a division of the Integral Way Society). Only IWS mentors or members in good standing and that have been properly certified are authorized to teach the movement arts or any other material from the Ni family.

http://www.longevity-center.com/cosmic_tour_bagua.html
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
Has anyone here ever seen it or know more about it. The website doesn't say much about it. I do like the form name Merry-go-round.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Cosmic Tour Bagua (Taoist Bagua)

Postby Bill on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 am

Cosmic Tour Ba Gua has a similar effect as Tai Chi, but the method is different. Consisting of special walking patterns, the energy flow is corrected to relieve imbalance and disorder within the body. Walking in a wide circle, Cosmic Tour brings the energy to the feet to improve circulation and is a powerful tool for change. Includes mostly demonstration and not a lot of explanation. Running time: 55 minutes.

http://www.redwingbooks.com/products/bo ... uBaGua.cfm

Interesting. This is the first I've heard of this style.

You can order Master Ni's version here..http://www.acupuncture.com/merchant3/me ... Code=VCOSM
Last edited by Bill on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Michael Babin on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:17 am

Arnold Tayam was credited as the consulting expert on David Carradine's Qigong video in the mid-90s which was "led" and "instructed" by David in a gold lamé taicheese outfit.

On the other hand, Arnold and the students demonstrating in the background looked like they had practised the movements to some competence and were fit, healthy looking adults.

So who knows, this latest product might well be good for health; though I had never heard of the style before reading this thread.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby stma on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 am

That is just Jiang Rongqiao's bagua with a fancy name, done poorly.
It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavour."

Motobu Choki
stma
Mingjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan