Chen Taiji in Jinan

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Chen Taiji in Jinan

Postby Adam S on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:15 am

Just wondering if anyone has trained with Li Enjiu/Liu Chengde in Jinan Shandong

If so what were your experiences & how 'foreigner' friendly are the schools??

Cheers in advance Adam
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Re: Chen Taiji in Jinan

Postby Adam S on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:50 pm

Bump

Anyone??
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby Bob on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 am

Their vcds are available.

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/vcd3/coll_TClienjiu.htm

TAI CHI Chen Style with Li En Jiu

Not only is Li EnJiu famous in the West as well as the East for his Tai Chi but he is a top Mei Hua Mantis stylist as well. He teaches in Shandong and has given demonstrations and tours throughout the United States.Li En Jiu is the leading exponent of the Hong branch of the Chen Style Tai Chi. He is particularly famous for his Poa Chui. Li studied from Hong JunSheng (1906-1996) who learned directly from Chen FaKe In BeiJing. Because much of the information is not from the Xin Jia (New Frame) the movements are highly martial, not particularly fancy and very clear in their meaning. His actions are more similar to those of Chen QingZhou or the 108 Small Frame Chen.

Click on pictures to see larger versions.

VCD#808 Chen Tai Chi Road #1
This is a Triple VCD, See Main VCD page for prices, CHINESE ONLY

Chen's Hong Style Fist Road #1 shows soft taking first place from hard. Their mutual interplay becomes the foundation of the practice. With precise angles and motions the moves are compact and detailed appropriately using the idea of boxing as the criterion. To practice this fist well one has to have integrity, agility, distinguish the parts clearly and wed soft with hard. Triple VCD.

VCD#809 Chen Tai Chi Road #2
This is a Double VCD, See Main VCD page for prices, CHINESE ONLY

Chen style's Hong Fist #2 is also called Pao Chui. It takes hardness for the leader and is a little more complicated than #1. Some characteristics are shocking footwork and trembling body, integrated with the Ch'i. A good physical workout the movements demand strength to blend with speed. Agility is also part of the tactical arsenal. This dynamic set is particularly appropriate to those who want to demonstrate energy and verve. Li EnJiu is well known for his Pao Chui (see top bio). Double VCD.

VCD#810 Chen Tai Chi Tai Chi Saber
About an hour, See Main VCD page for prices, CHINESE ONLY

"TaiChi's saber flavor is direct and useful. It's skills cover wrap roll prick block split and hack with fast movements alternating with slow. Like a tiger descending from a mountain, the fierce moves work against long or short weapons showing an agility and strength evident to all." All that's the official back of the box description. In this case much of it is true. Li EnJiu's saber is a sleeper. Those looking for fancy twists will be disappointed but this longish set is elegant and informed. There is a distinct lack of emphasis on the typical Bao "wrapping" and far more on Beng - as should be appropriate with a Tai Chi broadsword.

VCD#811 Chen Tai Chi Tai Chi Sword
About an hour, See Main VCD page for prices, CHINESE ONLY

This version of Tai Chi sword is passed down from Chen FaKe! Originally designed with 54 moves in six sections this set is logical, combining Chen Tai Chi body arts with footwork, agility and the flicking strength that characterizes fencing usage. This weapon directly grows from the practice of Tai Chi boxing which allows the player to be soft and round and spontaneous in both hand and weapon forms.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 am

Adam:

I dont see any reason why they would not be foreigner friendly.

Pursuant to Tom's post above, I would also add that, IMHO, the blending of mantis' very fast, sneaky strike combos with the grappling of Chen Taiji would be a very good combo, though I dunno if Li mixes the two in his teaching...I suspect not.

You might want to contact Chen Zhonghua's group in the US before you go over to get an intro. If you do go, I, for one, would be very interested in hearing how you get on.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby AllanF on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Another name to add to the list is Li Chugong, also a tudi of Hong Junsheng.

Clips FYI.

http://v.ku6.com/show/gRhjw5PF0zhPq96C.html

http://v.ku6.com/show/6eHdxpYJoDiB7ajv.html
Last edited by AllanF on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllanF

Postby Adam S on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:29 am

Because much of the information is not from the Xin Jia (New Frame) the movements are highly martial, not particularly fancy and very clear in their meaning.
.............lets just say I dont understand this statement at all
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Postby Adam S on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 am

as to the rest of the info thanks very much for that guys

couple of things have changed so I may not be able to get down to Jinan this trip unfortunately but if I do I'll keep you posted :)
Proud Tree & Qi Hugger
Adam S
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan