best conditioning exercise

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: best conditioning exercise

Postby MikeC on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:11 am

I wanna hear more about this Bowing Board thing...
MikeC

Postby Mike Strong on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:24 pm

I'll need to produce a DVD.

I'm going to China this October, - and I'll get a video camera before I go; so it won't be too long ...
Mike Strong

Postby MikeC on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:23 am

Is this going to be a BaGua training trip? Or just going to soak up whatever you can find?
MikeC

Postby Mike Strong on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:03 am

We are going for a week long retreat/ceremony at a temple cave, ...

... the first half of the day will be spent with The Lamas in a ceremony, and the second half of the day we will be practicing Yi Quan with my Teacher.

We'll be making some side-trips to several Sedona-like Energy Vortex Centers that my teacher knows of.

Then back to Shanghai for some of my teacher's favorite restaurants.

Next year I want to go to India, and video pilgrams doing the original version of The Bowing Board at Bohdidharma...

... I want to put out a comprehensive video revealing our practice in documentary form.

It will not be meant as an instructional video, - ( please do not try this at home ). ;)

Seriously, - you could really hurt yourself doing it, and you need instruction in person. Someone to make it very clear to you that you need to take "baby steps" ,and not try to do it at the highest level untill you are really ready for it.
Mike Strong

Postby MikeC on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:09 am

Mike Strong wrote:We are going for a week long retreat/ceremony at a temple cave, ...

... the first half of the day will be spent with The Lamas in a ceremony, and the second half of the day we will be practicing Yi Quan with my Teacher.

We'll be making some side-trips to several Sedona-like Energy Vortex Centers that my teacher knows of.

Then back to Shanghai for some of my teacher's favorite restaurants.

Next year I want to go to India, and video pilgrams doing the original version of The Bowing Board at Bohdidharma...

... I want to put out a comprehensive video revealing our practice in documentary form.

Sounds wild. What tradition of Yi Quan is this again?

It will not be meant as an instructional video, - ( please do not try this at home ). ;)

Seriously, - you could really hurt yourself doing it, and you need instruction in person. Someone to make it very clear to you that you need to take "baby steps" ,and not try to do it at the highest level untill you are really ready for it.

Duly noted. I just wanted to see if there were any similarities to the yoga that I do.

Thx,

MikeC
MikeC

Postby Mike Strong on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 am

My teacher was the "close the gate student" of Prof. Yu's inner circle in Shanghai , practicing underground during The Cultural Revolution ...

.. Prof. Yu studied with Wang Xiang Dzai; while Wang Lived in Yu's house (they practiced Vajrayana very intensly in those days).

We are not a main branch, or by any means, well known ...
Last edited by Mike Strong on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Strong

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan