Best internal guys alive today?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Best internal guys alive today?

Postby justincasea on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 am

Interloper wrote:
Tom wrote:
Bodywork wrote:
most of the tricks shown in the video are pretty good; however, I have no idea how 1:11 could have taken place. My "educated" guess is the two performers had worked on push hands practice together for a long time. One of them is a sifu, another student. Leaving the sifu alone, does any one here know the student in real life? anything "special" about this guy ? Thanks.

"Special," as in that he may have drunk too much of the Sifu-Worship Kool-Ade? ;) As to "how 1:11 could have taken place," consider that Mr. Tetreault was... fakin' it. I can't believe that video is still up after all this time. Don't know who to dismiss first, Chu or his amazingly bizarre demo partner who blatantly tanks and throws himself without being touched. :P

Both of them. All HYPNOSIS is self-hypnosis. They have to work together.
IMF is mysterious to a lot of students, but it is still within our understanding of science. For every action, there is a reaction - how one feels the action/reaction is another matter. If one lost his mind during performance, his supposed opponent could not go without knowing that. :)))
You have confirmed my speculation. Thanks.
justincasea

Postby Interloper on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:47 am

justincasea wrote:Both of them. All HYPNOSIS is self-hypnosis. They have to work together.
IMF is mysterious to a lot of students, but it is still within our understanding of science. For every action, there is a reaction - how one feels the action/reaction is another matter. If one lost his mind during performance, his supposed opponent could not go without knowing that. :)))
You have confirmed my speculation. Thanks.

I'm not sure I would even give them the excuse of self-hypnosis. The whole thing smacks of "old-time medicine show" to me. They were goofing from the start.
Last edited by Interloper on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:47 am

Interloper wrote:
cerebus wrote:
Interloper wrote:The hell-hound is Cerberus.
Cerebus is an anime character.

True as far as it goes but... Cerebus is also a lesser-known, but correct varient of "Cerberus". See what ya learn from reading all kinds of weird, obscure Occult books... ;)

I hate to break it to ya, Troy, but your namesake is a cartoon aardvark, not a 3-headed hound at the gates of Hades.
http://www.cerebustheaardvark.com/

;D

Heh, heh. Yeah, I know the aardvark. But the spelling "Cerebus" for "Cerberus", while not entirely common, has been used. It may be a medieval European mangling of the name, which often took place in the old grimoires (books of demonic evocation and ceremonial magic), but however "correct" or "incorrect" it is, there IS precedence for it.
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 am

Yeah, yeah. Obscure spellings are a bit of a stretch, bud. Now, to me, you'll always be an aardvark. Though I'll try to imagine you as a hellacious aardvark, if that helps. :)
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 am

Even though, yes, cerebus is an obscure spelling, in truth I have actually always read your name as cerberus anyhow.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:57 am

Ack! TJ drank the Kool-Ade, too! :O
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am

Interloper wrote:Though I'll try to imagine you as a hellacious aardvark, if that helps. :)

Good enough! -devil- ;D
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:59 am

Interloper wrote:Ack! TJ drank the Kool-Ade, too! :O

FEER MAI KOOL-ADE! :D
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:03 am

cerebus wrote:
Interloper wrote:Ack! TJ drank the Kool-Ade, too! :O

FEER MAI KOOL-ADE! :D

I can never resist the grape.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:08 am

RE: the dynamic push hands clip. The faster that kind of horseshit is embarrassed into extinction, the better. Perhaps an amnesty on old guys like that till they pass, but any newer generation guys caught perpetuating that bullshit need to be publicly embarrassed. Not hurt...this doesn't call for violence. It calls for enough humiliation to chase the mystical horseshit out of existence. It's time for those who legitimately care about real training to clean house and regain their dignity.
Last edited by Chris McKinley on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris McKinley

Postby Andy_S on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:20 am

Omar:

Why is your sifu so unwilling to go on film? I thought he had been filmed on CCTV some time back...?

I understand conservatism, I understand modesty....not so sure about secrecy, in this day and age. Esp if he wants to promote his teacher.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:22 am

In Addition to my Sifu Sam Chin I would include his father Chin Lik Keong and cousin Jimmy Heow both of whom reside in Malaysia.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby RobB on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 pm

alexsuffolk wrote:Xu Ai Zhai

Hi Alex,

Would you be able to tell us a little more about this person? You have a reputation for seeking out interesting people. It's not a name I have come across before.

Best

Rob
RobB
Mingjing

Postby Martin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Heh :)
Martin
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan