interesting "awareness" experience...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: interesting "awareness" experience...

Postby Bhassler on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:24 am

Doc Stier wrote:
RobP2 wrote: At the end of the day it mostly boils down to listening to what you are telling yourself!

Or psychically 'listening' to energy and 'observing' thoughts emanating from external sources, which is essentially the ability to perceive information hidden from normal sense perceptions. 8-)

Doc Stier

In a totally silent room, an average person would be able to hear their own blood travelling through their veins-- not just their heartbeat but the actual movement of blood. Our senses pick up many things of which we are not aware-- some people may include energy (psychic or otherwise) amongst those things while others tend to believe it is the more mundane things but perceived at a level below conscious awareness.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Sprint on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 am

Ian wrote:
Sprint wrote:I could bore the ass of people for hours with my stories about this kind of thing. My favorite "trick" if you will is catching someone looking at me, and as I'm no oil painting, it usually freaks people out. I remember once being at a taiji seminar and there was a coffee break and everyone was standing around - maybe about 50 or so people in a church hall. So I'm standing talking to this girl when I get the feeling that I'm being looked at, so I have to think a bit while I'm talking to work out where it's coming from - kinda like locking on to the "beam". Then just like in the Crocodile Dundee film I casually look up to my right and past about 10 people straight to this guy who happens to be the organizer of the event (the girl I'm talking to is still talking) and as I look straight at him his jaw falls open. I thought it was hilarious coz I know he was thinking that it must be something to do with chee, etc. I just casually returned to my conversation and the girl I was talking to was none the wiser. It was all over in about 5 seconds. The thing is I have no idea how it works. It's not anything to do with training, or if it is it's a secondary effect. Although what Meeks is talking about is something I have a radar for as well I would put that down to training, but again I would not have a clue how that works.

How'd you like some ice cream, Doc?

Now how did I know you were going to write that...? 8-) It's definitely not anything to do with telepathic stuff, but there is a hell of a lot you can pick up from your environment as RobP2 says.
Sprint
Wuji

Postby TaoJoannes on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:54 am

Ian wrote:I catch teacups falling off tables like in Crouching Tiger.

Teacups are nothing. Paper cups full of slushy drink require reflexes, timing AND sensitivity.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Based on my own personal experiences, I believe that increased speed of perception and increased quickness of automatic reactions and spontaneous responses are excellent barometers of personal progress in any legitimate internal art.

These attributes become the optimized norm with continued practice and training over time, IMO, and are to be expected with unwavering confidence at all times and in all situations without exception. Very cool! 8-)

Doc Stier

doc, just wondering if you trained in cma before you went to vietnam, and how you feel about what happened to your sense of "danger" during your time there, compared to before and after.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:13 pm

ashe wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:Based on my own personal experiences, I believe that increased speed of perception and increased quickness of automatic reactions and spontaneous responses are excellent barometers of personal progress in any legitimate internal art.

These attributes become the optimized norm with continued practice and training over time, IMO, and are to be expected with unwavering confidence at all times and in all situations without exception. Very cool! 8-)

Doc Stier

doc, just wondering if you trained in cma before you went to vietnam, and how you feel about what happened to your sense of "danger" during your time there, compared to before and after.

Hey, Ashe:

Yes, I had trained in CMA for nearly 9 years before I arrived in Vietnam. The "sense of danger", as you call it, was employed as an additional sixth sense by everyone on my Marine Force Recon team, both individually and as a coordinated group. Whenever danger was in the air, whether a clear and present danger or a vague unseen danger, we were acutely aware of a feeling that something wasn't right or that a situation was not what it overtly appeared to be.

For me personally, this sixth sense awareness was always accompanied by a nauseous feeling in the pit of my 'stomach', immediately followed by intense heat and vibration in the lower abdomen area (tan-tien). The heat and vibration would then spread throughout my body in a huge wave to my extremities. This was my combat ready mode virtually everyday at some point.

As such, it provided an advanced warning sytem that enabled unseen danger to be avoided altogether, without engaging the enemy, or it instantly prepared both mind and body for immediate full combat engagement with optimum efficiency of mental perception and physical response.

Danger of any kind from any source will still generate these same physical sensations and reactions even now.

Doc Stier
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 pm

one thing that I've found is that time seems to stand still when I get into a real fight (never in training). it's like everyone is moving at a snail's pace and I can see everything going on around me before it even begins. You can see his attack initiate (not yet executed) and already begin to compensate and 'wait' for it to begin so you can use it against him. I can see a few moves ahead, almost like shooting billiards, where you can see your shots about 3 or 4 balls ahead before you begin sinking them.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan