Tearing Skin

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Tearing Skin

Postby Chanchu on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 pm

Some CLF people can do this- had it happen to me just as a kind of demo by a CLF master.
" If I don't want to hurt someone I will sting him- pinch him- don't have to hit him- If I hit him, it will hurt him pretty bad"

I tried to punch him for real he told me too- he got to my biceps and triceps, kind of a half circle grab, the biceps hurt more on the triceps. Yeah no I did not want to holler but;

yeoooooooooohhhhh! damn dat hurt! some kind of a tiger claw type hand formation- next day small patch of skin off of the biceps size of a small nail head, the triceps-- golf ball sized bruise with a patch of skin missing in the center the size of a pencil eraser. I tell you this would change your mind quickly if it happened in a confrontation, and I think this was just a small taste of it....

I was told he pulled a patch of skin off of the inside of the thigh of a large karate guy who tried to round kick him- in front of the karate guys student's... I am sure that was no fun at all. :o
Last edited by Chanchu on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:54 am

Ian wrote:Anyway I've seen the pics of Takamatsu's hands, and personally I want nothing to do with it, whatever IT is. I can think of better uses of my time and health and besides, my upper-class hands are far too delicate to besmirch with this plebian nonsense. ho ho ho

Are the pics online? I'd like to see them.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:57 am

http://home.luna.nl/~risu/takamatsu.htm

apparently he plucked a guy's eyeball out with those claws.
Ian

Postby C.J.Wang on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:19 am

I'd say having a pair of deformed hands that resemble giant chicken claws is the perfect example of improper conditioning.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:17 pm

That would be my first reaction as well (while getting torn apart like soft bread): "your hands are a perfect example of improper conditioning OH GOD IT SMARTS!!!" :P

But yes I see what you mean.

Question: are there any examples of MA masters being able to scratch bark off trees and pluck people's eyes out using normal hands?

Not that I'm interested in that sort of thing. I'm really into trees, and I'm not crazy enough to go '28 days later' on anyone's eyesockets.
Ian

Postby Andy_S on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:42 am

Watched "Fight Quest Japan" the other day (very entertaining, BTW, a couple of very personable guys) and one guy was training in the mountains, and yes, they were punchin what looked like fir trees - not that hard - and yes, some of the bark was clearly coming off. Some of the old time English boxers like Cobb had this skill: They would soak their hands in solutions of brine, vinegar, etc, then punch bits off tree trunks.

My first mantis teacher told me that old time bad boys would grow their thumbnails long and hard, as anti-eye weapons. I didn''t and don't - what's the point? Speaking of which, Ian, I would appreciate your source for the guy plucking an eyeball out: If so, that is the first recorded case I have ever heard of that happening to anyone, anywhere, at any time.

As for grabbing skin, try a grab of the side pec or lower lat. Or just PUSH (yes, dammit, the Taiji push!) your palm heavily over the skin of someone's face. This will really stretch the skin,and I suspect that if you did it with a bit of shearing force, the skin would tear.

This skill, BTW, does not require calloused palms, sharp finger nails or talons like scimitars.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Eisenhans on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 am

No it doesn't require calloused palms, just a fair bit of luck (if you can call it that) - My mom worked in schools with "special" kids years ago and stuff like ripped-off ears and gouged eyes happened all the time in school fights there. I wasn't informed how serious that shit was (I was a wee lad back then and easily scared), but at least the case with the ripped-off ear was pretty hardcore iirc.

So basically, you don't need no conditioning, just that "retard strength" (ie. go all out while desperate) and yeah - skin, ears, eyes, will come off.
Last edited by Eisenhans on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eisenhans
Santi

Postby LaPointe on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:01 am

I'd say having a pair of deformed hands that resemble giant chicken claws is the perfect example of improper conditioning.

don't tell him that...

i don't know why it wouldn't be possible? anything is possible, right? i remember being taught to grab skin and hair or whatever else available by a couple of my teachers. i'm sure if you clinch with someone and instead of their lapel in your hand you have a good chunk of their pec, there's a good chance you'll tear that. if not, it's going to hurt, a lot. same with skin on the neck or bicep or leg or cheek...

GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

heh
LaPointe
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan