Frustrated with Coaches.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Frustrated with Coaches.

Postby beegs on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 pm

bro- i teach out of a boxing gym, and again if the coach sepends time with you, it should be quality.

if he is training others to compete and doesnt have time, then as everyone else stated, you are not his priority, but if he is with you hands on, then it shouldnt matter what your training for,

as a side note, many boxing gyms are catering to yuppies, even gleasons gym here in ny, has the yuppie boxing thing going, it pays the bills(not sayin your a yuppie) but boxing has become about recreational money as well, aside from the very few pros that turn out any money.

bottom line- if you feel you aint gettin what you pay for, look elsewhere, theres tons of good boxing gyms
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Jeice on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Darthwing Teorist wrote:Now, I will have to wash myself in bleach. -puke-

Hmmm... I meant more the people in my karate club being stealth double legged mid-spar, but in hindsight I see that this statement could be misconstrued... :-X
Jeice
Anjing

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:59 pm

:D
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Like JW always said "bjj mounting skills is just ancient Chinese men's raping skill"....
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Jeice on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:17 pm

mixjourneyman wrote:Like JW always said "bjj mounting skills is just ancient Chinese men's raping skill"....

But if you're mounted on someone... penis goes where? NO! BACK ON TOPIC!
Jeice
Anjing

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Jeice wrote:
mixjourneyman wrote:Like JW always said "bjj mounting skills is just ancient Chinese men's raping skill"....

But if you're mounted on someone... penis goes where? NO! BACK ON TOPIC!

Dirty filthy little man! >:(

;D j/k

ps.If you ever come through Guelph again, I'm totally up for a meet up and sparring/tea or whatever.
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:57 pm

beegs wrote:bro- i teach out of a boxing gym, and again if the coach sepends time with you, it should be quality.

if he is training others to compete and doesnt have time, then as everyone else stated, you are not his priority, but if he is with you hands on, then it shouldnt matter what your training for,

as a side note, many boxing gyms are catering to yuppies, even gleasons gym here in ny, has the yuppie boxing thing going, it pays the bills(not sayin your a yuppie) but boxing has become about recreational money as well, aside from the very few pros that turn out any money.

bottom line- if you feel you aint gettin what you pay for, look elsewhere, theres tons of good boxing gyms

I agree, according to the original post you are spending time with the assistant coach, he should be coaching you. Not just telling you "fine for recreational boxer".
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Jeice on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 am

Hah, update time.
Talked to the coach today at the beginning of practice about getting my physical and upgrading to "Competitive." Next thing I know he's asking me what my name is and telling me and have a shitty right cross and am returning my hands too low in the middle of combinations. ;D
Jeice
Anjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan