Kalarippayattu

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Kalarippayattu

Postby Michael on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Crudelli is meant to be entertaining, and he probably succeeds there. His amazement with qi tricks and exaggerated reactions to common place MA could be for the benefit of the camera or more likely just show his experience level, which is greater than mine, but that's not relevant. Nice to see him getting a little discernment on this particular Kalari teacher considering how Crudelli seemed to swallow a lot of other stuff without chewing: dim mak, hard qigong, deadly voices, intimidating karate stare, etc.

Andy_S: good points
Michael

Postby BruceP on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 pm

NIce find, Doc. Thanks.

I saw some good internal skill being applied in the first clip when the camera fixed on that lady drawing water.

Cool to see their tug-of-war over the stick, and that gang hauling on the beach. We do tug-of-war drills like that with sticks and ropes. We have a similar drill when we do bagwork where we fight over an 80lb heavybag - hilarious and exhausting.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby WongYing on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:08 pm

DrRob,

The issue of courtesy, common politness and manners with mr crudelli when meeting other teachers or practitioners, while he was bouncing around the world , by the sounds of things you already heard correct. The things he said behind thier back though...oh my god...cheeky bastard

I think his actual MA back ground is highly questionable to say the least, secret grandmasters, special ceremonies and it goes on ...he is just a chancer who rips people off ...
WongYing
Huajing

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

WongYing wrote:I think his actual MA back ground is highly questionable to say the least, secret grandmasters, special ceremonies and it goes on ...he is just a chancer who rips people off ...

I had the impression that he learned from......

The Ganja Master -bow-
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan