Bagua Li-Gong Quan離宮拳

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Bagua Li-Gong Quan離宮拳

Postby hejinghan on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Every " Gong" ( palace) has it's own linear form in Baguaquan system, these " Gong"forms all derived from the related eight mother palms, some of the movements are similar or same as those related movements in "Pao-Chui" but has more hints on change and developement.
every form or movements are and should related in this system, it is not proper to express or change them with other concept.
Like this form~ Li-Gong Quan , derived from "Red pheonix face to the sun" Image( how do i paste photo on please? )in eight mother palms, it's charactor is "fire",force going up, related to "heart", this from start from the "Red pheonix face to the sun" posture, the whole form designed as the burning fire, movements goes up and down, usually this is the first form we give to young male students to practice, to train their basic postures,hear and lung and jumpingabilities.
this are two links of my students practice this form, just give you an idea about the theory.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9yjrQl_is&feature=user

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0hhN6Nbp
Last edited by hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
hejinghan
Anjing

Re: Bagua Li-Gong Quan

Postby C.J.Wang on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 pm

The first student looks good. How long has he been practicing with you?
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Master He. The bar of button in your post has one that say "Img". That's the one for the pictures.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:33 am

shawnsegler wrote:Master He. The bar of button in your post has one that say "Img". That's the one for the pictures.

Best,

S

thanks, but the photo is too big,sorry.
hejinghan
Anjing

Postby hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:50 am

C.J.Wang wrote:The first student looks good. How long has he been practicing with you?

He is my first deciple, I forgot how long he had practiced with me, haven't seen him after he served in military, got merried...job...kids..., he lives in middle Taiwan, see him once a while now.
hejinghan
Anjing

Re: Bagua Li-Gong Quan離宮拳

Postby nianfong on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 am

this is really cool. thanks for posting it! some stuff to chew on....
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Muad'dib on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 am

As an aside, when you have a chance, would master He be willing to post what he feels are the qualities of a disciple, behavioral expectations, what happens in circumstances described (student has family, moves away, etc)...
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Nice, nice, nice :D

I like very much the intent, flavor and "aliveness" in the first clip. And it looks all natural for him. Damn nice . . . .
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Zhong_Kui wrote:As an aside, when you have a chance, would master He be willing to post what he feels are the qualities of a disciple, behavioral expectations, what happens in circumstances described (student has family, moves away, etc)...

the core of teacher-disciple relationship is a promise to learn and carry down the art, keep the lineage alive, other situations just help or delay the main purpose, so a disciple like a husband and wife relationship, a student maybe a lover.
hejinghan
Anjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan