Bagua DuiGong Quan兌宮拳

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Bagua DuiGong Quan兌宮拳

Postby hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:43 am

Every " Gong" ( palace) has it's own linear form in Baguaquan system, these " Gong"forms all derived from the related eight mother palms, some of the movements are similar or same as those related movements in "Pao-Chui" but has more hints on change and developement.
every form or movements are and should related in this system, it is not proper to express or change them with other concept.
Like this form~ Dui-Gong Quan , derived from "white ape offers fruit"( 抱掌 Embrace palm), it is lung, metal, yanyin force.
imag link:
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/hejinghan-ba ... &next=1354
this form start from the posture on Dui palace in "Pao Chui" form,
image link: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/hejinghan-ba ... &prev=1372
most of the movements are on chest area, use chest to lead body, the elbow turning movements in this form is interesting, especially compare with ZhenGong Quan(震宮拳), form link:
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=IEMxMnXTdzY
Last edited by hejinghan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hejinghan
Anjing

Re: Bagua DuiGong Quan兌宮拳

Postby nianfong on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 am

thanks for posting this!! wow this looks a lot like baji elbows. very cool. need to digest this....
nianfong
Administrator

Postby hejinghan on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 pm

nianfong wrote:thanks for posting this!! wow this looks a lot like baji elbows. very cool. need to digest this....

yes, I can see what do you mean,can you post a clip to compare them?
hejinghan
Anjing

Postby nianfong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 pm

da baji from liu yun qiao's line
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYcMdbbeFw
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cziBns9NCiw
even a lot of the punches look very similar. and the ending elbow too.
Last edited by nianfong on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby hejinghan on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:25 pm

nianfong wrote:da baji from liu yun qiao's line
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYcMdbbeFw
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cziBns9NCiw
even a lot of the punches look very similar. and the ending elbow too.

Yes, most of the Dabaji movements are on the chest area and the last posture is very similar.
hejinghan
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi, Master He.

I've been struggling with some questions to ask you, but some of what I'm curious could probably be solved by asking the following question in reference to the lung palm.

So, it's energy is from the lungs. What makes this or any of the other palace forms consistently more whatever organ they represent than the other? The lung forms gross movements are a lot like a lot of pao chui, except for the more lively stepping and as you say an emphasis on the lung.

I could probably ask the same thing of the sixiang or liangyi forms. I've watched your vids and I feel like I have a cursory understanding of the conecpts being conveyed, but what (for you) forms a cohesive link between the physical movements and the idea being conveyed.

I still feel confused as to a specific concept I can follow in these cases. It's obviously more than the gross physical movements, and I'm not sure if it's the shape of the movements or the way the energy is moving through the body (and how does that connect to the shape of the movements and how they are performed and the specific concept being employed?)...and in the palace forms what is the reason for each movement being as it is through the form as opposed to the root movement...what is extrapolated over the course of the form...the elements of using the spefic organ but from different directions....vectors of force through the body?

I'm really trying to get my practice back on track and divine what it is that I'm missing and as we've talked about before, it's an extremely deep subject.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby hejinghan on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:57 am

shawnsegler wrote:Hi, Master He.
I've been struggling with some questions to ask you, but some of what I'm curious could probably be solved by asking the following question in reference to the lung palm.
So, it's energy is from the lungs. What makes this or any of the other palace forms consistently more whatever organ they represent than the other? The lung forms gross movements are a lot like a lot of pao chui, except for the more lively stepping and as you say an emphasis on the lung.
I could probably ask the same thing of the sixiang or liangyi forms. I've watched your vids and I feel like I have a cursory understanding of the conecpts being conveyed, but what (for you) forms a cohesive link between the physical movements and the idea being conveyed.
I still feel confused as to a specific concept I can follow in these cases. It's obviously more than the gross physical movements, and I'm not sure if it's the shape of the movements or the way the energy is moving through the body (and how does that connect to the shape of the movements and how they are performed and the specific concept being employed?)...and in the palace forms what is the reason for each movement being as it is through the form as opposed to the root movement...what is extrapolated over the course of the form...the elements of using the spefic organ but from different directions....vectors of force through the body?
I'm really trying to get my practice back on track and divine what it is that I'm missing and as we've talked about before, it's an extremely deep subject.
Best,S

Hi, Shawn:
Thank you for asking so many difficult questions, I'm not sure I can catch all of them, but let me try to explain in this way.
Every movements in BGQ can be categorized into Lian-Yi, Xi-Xian and Bagua according to their " mother postures ", eight mother palms give us eight " root postures", they relate to four internal organs ( heart,lung,liver,kidney) and four external body parts ( head, back,waist,belly or stomach ), every posture has it's own force and special direction to move, because every organ of these eight are positioned or structured in different methods, we practice these eight mother palms to find the connection between it's related " organ " and find out the " force line " and then we use the " roots" to control the end ( arms, etc.) .
for example, the movements in DuiGong Quan is different from LiGong Quan, the lung force is good for side and " tiger style " movements while heart force is good for up and down movements.
movements in Pao chui can be also categorized into LIan Yi, Xi Xian and Bagua, because it is the " mother form", that why you see some movements in Gong form are similar or same with those in Pao Chui, they are a link.
The purpose that I post these forms is to let people understand every form has it's meaning and position in it's system ( the meaning of form) has been discussed for a while, and BGQ has not only one flavor, it is a SYSTEM, linear forms are not " put in" by DHC or YinFu or even GBT, they are part of the SYSTEM, people will no doubt about it if they can see the strong connection within this system.
Did I answer your questions?
hejinghan
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:39 am

Did I answer your questions?

Yeah, I think you did. I always appreciate your help, sir.

Thanks.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan