Comments on Pencak Silat seminar

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Comments on Pencak Silat seminar

Postby KEND on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm

A week ago I posted on upcoming events regarding upcoming seminar on Pencac silat
with Eric Kruk. An ex student recommended him to me . I had seen the youtube demos but the real thing was a whole different experience. He is scary good. The participants were exposed to a whole different level of martial expertise with slaps, takedowns , flesh grabbing,head manipulation and a variety of pain inducing techniques being rattled off in rapid succession. Not for the faint of heart but if you are a serious martial artist it would be a welcome reality check, if you get an opportunity to attend one of his seminars I would recommend seeing for yourself.
In person Eric is humble and respectful of his students, giving a cogent analysis of the techniques in a straightforward fashion.
His charming wife Mia gave a fine demonstration of Indonesian dance, this particular one representing the light and the dark nature of human beings.
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Comments on Pencak Silat seminar

Postby JAB on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 am

Sounds great. Where was this seminar?
Thanks
JAB
JAB

Postby KEND on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Check out the section on Tournaments etc where I posted the details of seminar, who to contact etc, he will be back in NY later in the year
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

I've always been impressed with the techs of silat. When I get a free second I hope to check out Pak Victor Detours school in Bellflower.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan