Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby McGrath on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello!
My name is Robert, from Ottawa, Canada. I've bounced around between non-internal forms in the past (Taekwondo, long fist, mantis) until I started training with Yang Hai in Montreal 2 years ago. I began with a focus on Heibei style Xingyi, but am now learning some Bagua.
I absolutely love it, and wish I found an internal style teacher years ago, but.. well.. Ottawa sucks for martial arts.
McGrath
Santi

Postby Stillness on Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 am

Hi

I have practiced Yang style Tai chi on and off for a few years.
In all I would say I probably practiced it for 2 years in total.
In the time I learned 13, 24, stick and sword forms. My attendance was very broken....and therefore, broken Tai chi too, I guess. :-\
Recently I started training again (Jan 2017) and after going over the forms that I've previously learned, I have moved on to Chen style, I've always wanted to learn Chen style but could never find a teacher.
I am now 90% done learning the 1st routine "Yilu" and also have now found a teacher whom I'm currently learning more from. Being in South Africa, especially Johannesburg, it's hard to find a Chen style teacher.
The reason why I practice Tai chi and not moving from it is because I enjoy learning more about the culture behind it, the philosophy , the deep rooted teachings (TAO), the health benefits, the meditation, the STILLNESS, oh and let us not forget the very real self defense aspect of it.
I would also like to learn at least 1 Bagua form. :)

I hope to learn more from everyone here and I hope that I will be able to add value to the community as well.
Stillness
Santi

Postby Stillness on Fri May 19, 2017 11:02 am

robert wrote:Hi I'm Robert,

I've been studying Chen style taijiquan for 17 years with Chen Xiaowang, Chen Xiaoxing, Chen Bing, and Chen Ziqiang. Prior to that I studied xingyiquan and Liang Zhenpu baguazhang for 3 years and Yang style taijiquan for 3 years before that.

Hi Robert

Wow, 17 years is a long time. You're probably reached a good level by now.
Stillness
Santi

Postby Dimitri on Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi,

I'm Dimitri from Shropshire, England. I have trained Taijiquan and various other internal martial arts, daoist medicine & clinical qigong and daoist neigong for the last 15 years.

I look forward to meet fellow internal martial artists.

With palms together,
Dimitri
Dimitri
Santi

Postby robert on Sun May 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Stillness wrote:Wow, 17 years is a long time. You're probably reached a good level by now.

Not really, but everything's relative. I compare myself to my teachers ;) I have reached a point where I do enjoy working out. Being able do a few forms and all the movements seem internal without having to cheat is pretty cool. Since my teachers are overseas I do one or two workshops and private lessons a year and then train on my own the rest of the time. That's a fairly slow process, but I keep moving forward.
Try not to let the words confuse you — they serve no other purpose than to guide you into the inner structures of Taiji. Chen Xin
robert
Mingjing

Postby James185 on Mon May 29, 2017 9:22 am

Hello, my name is james, from austin texas. I have been practicing wu style taiji and cheng bagua for around a year. Joined in hopes that i can connect with fellow practitioners and teachers of internal arts that are in my area. Feel free to reach out to me anytime would love to meet you!
James185
Santi

Postby kungfumastersinhk on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi everyone

we just started a page on facebook/instagram based on Kung Fu Masters in HK. We will be regularly sharing pictures, videos and private clips/interviews of different masters teaching and training. It is completely non-profit and just an interest project for us. We hope to share more into about the people who keep their arts alive and kicking in Hong Kong!

all styles, all lineages and no politics. Just sharing!.

please let us know if you know of any sifus in HK who can/want to be interviewed, or you want to see more of!
Giving a shout out to the many Masters in Hong Kong who keep their arts alive and kicking!

www.facebook.com/kungfumastersinhk
www.instagram.com/kungfumastersinhk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYNBen ... PZ3WA7zAOg
kungfumastersinhk
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan