Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Welcome to the rum soaked fist. Please introduce yourself

Postby wujingtao on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 am

Hello , I'm Kim Began Journey in 1970

Tai Chi Chuan

Hakko ryu

Wing Chun

WuJiFa

Various , countless seminars and experiences that continues to present times.
wujingtao
Santi

Postby bigphatwong on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

Hey all. It's been ages, but I've been on and off this forum since 02. Just dropping in to say hi, and that I was devastated to learn of our Dear Leader's passing.

Anyway, some things have changed. This past few years have been kinda hectic for me....I'm no longer training Xingyi, but more MMA-type stuff. I've also begun learning the Wu style short form, mostly through videos and whatnot. Oh, and I'm a massage therapist now. :)

Can I kick it?
Last edited by bigphatwong on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Enjinno9 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I've practiced che style xingyiquan in Beijing and Taigu for something over three years now. My master, Wang Dejun, is from Taigu, Shanxi, and learned from Li Fuyuan, who studied with his brother, Li Sanyuan, under Meng Ligang.

I hold the strong suspicion that any greater understanding within any 拳术 combat system can only be attained through practice and combat. This may sound eye-rollingly obvious, but one sad fact of today's China is that most students of TCMA are too afraid of injury or embarrassment to fight or specifically train combat applications. Thus, I've been training for three years, yet could count on both hands the number of serious sparring sessions I've had. Frustrating and embarrassing.

I come to the Rum Soaked Fist not only to learn from others' experience and insight, but also to scout potential teachers for the day I return long-term to the US.
Last edited by Enjinno9 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjinno9
Santi

Postby chud on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm

SCMT wrote:I like Chen Zhenglei's 18 form because I like Chen style and it is the only Chen style I have time for these days, I have to many other things to train and do to do justice to training Laojia Yilu.

I like the 18 form too, and train it for the same reasons. Welcome to the forum.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Greg J on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Greg. I primarily practice the Filipino martial arts (Inosanto/ Lacoste Kali). About five years ago I seriously injured my back and took up the practice of Tai Chi and Qigong to rehabilitate my back. I spent about one year with a group practicing the 24 Form, then met a Chinese gentleman who spoke no English but who had incredible energy. I spent about two years studying a form with him, but unfortunately had to end my studies last year. Now I practice the form on my own, along with a DVD of the "Sun Style 30 Forms."

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby kayakujutsu on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 am

Greetings,

Have done and dabbled in a little bit of this and that. Made lots of stir fry. Sometimes had to pick out the carrots. Currently simmering and making stew. Still not quite done yet. Occasionally adding extra seasoning and ingredients to make sure it still tastes just right. Thank you for letting me participate in the discussions.

Rico
kayakujutsu
Anjing

Postby WhereTheOneReduces on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 am

Hi im Liam, I am a beginner to Martial arts by comparison to many. I practiced Wing Chun for about a year and Aikido for 3 years. My main motivation for studying martial arts is Holistic. I belive that Martial arts can provide benefits in every part of your life and those are benefits I seek to gain, as well it is a mystery to me how something like martial arts could be used in a spiritual sense and I hope to find out on my journey through martial arts. I'm exicted to participate and recive guidance from those on this forum. Thanks
WhereTheOneReduces
Santi

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Sat May 11, 2013 5:36 pm

WhereTheOneReduces wrote:Hi im Liam, I am a beginner to Martial arts by comparison to many. I practiced Wing Chun for about a year and Aikido for 3 years. My main motivation for studying martial arts is Holistic. I belive that Martial arts can provide benefits in every part of your life and those are benefits I seek to gain, as well it is a mystery to me how something like martial arts could be used in a spiritual sense and I hope to find out on my journey through martial arts. I'm exicted to participate and recive guidance from those on this forum. Thanks

Welcome Liam! :-)

I recommend you use the search function to look for topics that interest you - there had been a million martial-arts-related issues discussed on this forum over the years...
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby SuitableScroll on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi, I'm Cody. I've been doing martial arts since I was 5. At this point I have done about 20 different martial arts over the years, and still practice most of them to this day In some manor. I absolutely love martial arts and am currently formulating my own new martial art that I hope becomes a success like Bruce Lees JKD. Always trying new martial arts, but the internal arts will always be my favorite. Anyways, I look forward to discussing martial arts here and becoming a member of the community.

-Cody :)
The empirical, sensory sciences are like a donkey loaded with books, like woman makeup, it washes off.
SuitableScroll
Santi

Postby gzregorz on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:17 am

I started training the 3 internals with BKF when he had public martial arts classes in the bay area over 15 years ago. Since then I trained the Wu in Shanghai with Shen Tiegen. Back in the States these days I do a lot of bjj and judo because of how they relate to the ideals of push hands. I still train and do CMA but it's tough to find people who train CMA for serious fighting these days, most (but not all) seemed focussed on other aspects of the arts.

-Gregory
Last edited by gzregorz on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby blackstar512 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:52 am

Hi folks,

I've practiced a variety of arts over the years: kendo, Pekiti Tirisia Kali, and for the last 5 years Choy Lay Fut. I have mixed in a bit of Taiji in fits and starts, but it has been quite a while sine I last practiced. At any rate, I find myself at 47 having lost a step (maybe 2) in terms of speed, reflexes, and desire for continuous impact :)

Beyond mainstream Taiji I have no experience with internal arts, but I am very interested in learning more and, ideally, finding a teacher here in Austin. I'll post that request in the appropriate sub-forum, but just wanted to introduce myself for now -- looking forward to being part of the community here.

--Michael
blackstar512
Santi

Postby GrandUltimate on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi everyone (i'm a bit late on this),

My name is Joel. I primarily train Ving Tsun (Moy Yat) and Tai Chi (Chen, though its a bit complicated in regards to how i learn it) though I've also learned a variety of other things with my Sifu. I've been training for about 9 years now, and if there's anything I've learned about myself it's that I'm probably one of the tensest people to walk this sweet earth. That's something I hope to fix completely over time, so any tips would be appreciated!

I love all martial arts and love to cross train as well. I trained JKD/Kali/Silat with a friend for a year, occasionally train Muay Thai with a sehing who is training to be an MMA fighter, and with one of my closest friends I've been training Xing Yi (Shanxi and Dai) and Bagua (Cheng) for a little over a year now, I've taken a special liking to the Xing Yi and Bagua, and Bagua especially something I plan to train seriously alongside the things I train from my Sifu.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"
GrandUltimate
Mingjing

Postby Vitalii on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Vitalii. At the moment I live in London.
I practice hebei xingyiquan, yang style taijiquan and Daoist arts such as Dao Yin and Inner alchemy.
My Sifu is Daoist Master Lu Shi Yang (吕實陽).

Taiji Quan Lineage and Transmission
Yang Luchan (杨露禅) – Fu Zhou (富周) – Fu Ying (富英) – Xiao Gongzhuo (萧公卓) – Lu Shiyang.
Yang Luchan – Yang Jianhou (杨健侯) - Yang Chengfu (楊澄甫) - Zhao Bin (赵斌) – Lu Shiyang.

Xingyi Quan Lineage and Transmission
Li Nengran (李能然) — Guo Yunshen (郭云深) — Xu Zhanao (许占鳌) - Zhao Qingxiang (赵庆祥) - Xiao Gongzhuo (萧公卓) – Lu Shiyang

You can find more information about me and my school on the webpage http://zhendaopai.com
Vitalii
Mingjing

Postby Michael on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 am

Hi Vitalli, welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael

Postby MaartenSFS on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Dear forum-goers,

Originally from Holland, I moved to China in 2005 (at age 18) with the express purpose of studying martial arts and have been doing so ever since. Failing to find good TCMA I ended up studying with a lot of different teachers, but eventually migrated to Sanda, due to its practical and no-BS nature.

A little over a year ago I finally happened upon a great Taijiquan teacher (who knew that they were all hiding out in the park?) and have been training that five to six days a week for four to five hours a day. Laoshi's approach is systematic, but traditional and intense. His forms and Qinna are particularly good, as is his overall knowledge of Taiji. I have just "finished" learning Yilu and will begin on Erlu next week. I have three more years to learn from him before he plans to send me to his Shifu in Baoding, who apparently makes him look like a beginner.

Although I haven't learned a lot of fighting applications, I have noticed a massive improvement in my Sanda and am very pleased to be making progress on the road to becoming a Gongfu master. I look forward to participating and contributing to discussions on this forum.
Last edited by MaartenSFS on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan