what is a good testing ground?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: what is a good testing ground?

Postby Chris McKinley on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:43 am

Tesshu,

While we have indeed settled our thing, I'd like to point out a little error in your interpretation that might clear things up for ya....or it might not, that's up to you. Please note that I stated, "I learned more from rolling with Frank Trigg for the six minutes it took for him to sub me than in much of the rest of my 34 years of martial arts training.". Note, I didn't say all of the rest of my training, I said "much". If you're going to be a literalist, at least check your facts and quotes. That's actually not really that controversial a thing to say, given that I've trained as wide a variety of styles and systems as just about anybody on here, and that most of what's out there is utter garbage anyway. Plus, the hyperbolic nature of the discrepancy between the two numbers is there for a bit of emphasis and entertaining embellishment.

For good or for bad, and before you might get to thinking that I'm not an opinionated ass after all, you should also know that I'm a guy who will tell anyone that 99% of what's found in traditional martial arts across the board is total bullshit in relation to real life-or-death combat. You should also know that I had faced same and trained others to do so years before I ever even met Frank Trigg as a fellow instructor at our MMA gym.

In all candor, the reason that this continues to have ripples is that too much was made by an anonymous internet stranger over somebody else's moment of training insight, put simply. It did come across as both rude and as grossly and arrogantly presumptuous on your part, whether or not that's how you intended it. Now it's over; learn from it and let's move on.
Chris McKinley

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan