liu hung chieh & yang chengfu

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

liu hung chieh & yang chengfu

Postby ninepalace on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 am

i was reading this interview w/ kumar frantzis saying that his teacher liu was famous "in the real community". i went to a kumar seminar and i like his stuff and think he's a badass. but i'm curious if anyone knows anyone who had heard of liu hung chieh and if he was on the level that kumar says he was in terms of gungfu.

and how certain is it that yang chengfu died of syphilis? is that why his face was fucked up?
ninepalace

Re: liu hung chieh & yang chengfu

Postby edededed on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:05 am

Zhu Baozhen knew of Liu Hongjie (both learned from Liu Zhenlin)... Not sure about anyone else.
Last edited by edededed on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:58 am

ninepalace wrote:i was reading this interview w/ kumar frantzis saying that his teacher liu was famous "in the real community". i went to a kumar seminar and i like his stuff and think he's a badass. but i'm curious if anyone knows anyone who had heard of liu hung chieh and if he was on the level that kumar says he was in terms of gungfu.

and how certain is it that yang chengfu died of syphilis? is that why his face was fucked up?

Shut up and train.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:12 am

shawnsegler wrote:
ninepalace wrote:i was reading this interview w/ kumar frantzis saying that his teacher liu was famous "in the real community". i went to a kumar seminar and i like his stuff and think he's a badass. but i'm curious if anyone knows anyone who had heard of liu hung chieh and if he was on the level that kumar says he was in terms of gungfu.

Shut up and train.

S

Thats right, historical verification has nothing to do with martial arts. :-\
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby ninepalace on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:30 am

sean, you are so predictable w/ your little hardon for me that i feel embarrassed for you reading your posts. you have over three times as many posts as me and you're telling me "shut up and train." LOL!

i know of few people my age who have the time to than me so i doubt a 40y.o. "daddy" is gonna have the time. no go home and get your shinebox.
ninepalace

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:36 am

You're a troll.

Start contributing to the forum rather than asking these masturbatory 12 year old questions and I'll stop.

Until then, STFU please.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby ninepalace on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 am

dear god, i swear i could just reply for you. damn you are boring shwan. i don't post in your threads. please return the favor.
ninepalace

Postby meeks on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:15 pm

shawnsegler wrote:Shut up and train.

:D one of my favorites
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Finny on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 am

There's a youtube clip of Liu performing some bagua

He's extremely old in it

As far as clips of really old bagua practitioners go, it's probably the most impressive one I've seen

Keep in mind I'm not a bagua guy,so YMMV, but his movement is so fluid, controlled - he just looks the business, as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by Finny on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finny
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan